Stock 3.6L

Cjacks95

Banned
Hey I've been searching around and found some so might as well ask around on here. Anyone have their stock 3.6L out of a 2012 or 2013?:) haha jeep needs a motor or a lot of parts.

Thanks
Colby

Cjacks95

Banned
Curious, what happened to your engine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Well I did roll it and hydrolock it... Been driving it 1.5 years since the roll and 9 months since hydro lock. Just burns oil dies frequently main bearings going out. I'm gonna take it to the dealer soon to see if they can figure it out and maybe ill just throw some parts at it but I'm just leaning toward a new motor because I know motors just not this one so it would be nice to have a 3.6 in my garage I can work on and take apart.

Blknblujeep

If u hydro locked ur engine u should be in limp mod. Meaning u wouldn't be able to drive over 10mph. Sounds to me your bullshitting us. Get ur facts straight.

After hydro locking my engine it cost me 4500 to replace. No fun. Good luck.

MrHooah04

If u hydro locked ur engine u should be in limp mod. Meaning u wouldn't be able to drive over 10mph. Sounds to me your bullshitting us. Get ur facts straight.

Regardless of if being locked or not he's simply asking around for a 3.6 so he can do a heart transplant..

Edit: and yes I've been there before..4k out the door

This wasnt called for. Clearly not bullshitting someone if he is asking to buy an engine. Not like he trying to steal one from someone. And yes you can drive a motor after hydro locking. I've had a civic that I hydro locked from having a cold air intake and going through a bunch of water accidentally and after a while and changing fluids I could drive it. And yes It was taken straight to mechanic after the incident to verify everything. Now he might be a little mistaken on the hydro lock unless he rolled it in water but I don't think he is trying to bullshit anyone.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Hey I've been searching around and found some so might as well ask around on here. Anyone have their stock 3.6L out of a 2012 or 2013?:) haha jeep needs a motor or a lot of parts.

Thanks
Colby

Sorry to hear about your motor Colby.........I found this 3.6 with just over 6k miles on EBay for $2,500
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Jeep-W...-Engine-Motor-VVT-285-HP-Oem-12-/221178672351

......the ones i've seen out there are going to run you $2500-$3500 + shipping......good luck with finding a replacement motor and you're up and running soon.

Rccrwlr

Profile states he works at a full service mechanic business. Regardless seems he is just asking a question and would like a bit of help. Anyone have suggestions for him?

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

Cjacks95

Banned

Okay I'm smart enough to flush water out of my engine

Cjacks95

Banned
Profile states he works at a full service mechanic business. Regardless seems he is just asking a question and would like a bit of help. Anyone have suggestions for him?

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

Yeah I'm just a parts guy though haha give me parts and I can replace them

Cjacks95

Banned
I'll sell mine to you.

$20k. I have a 6.2L LS calling my name.

Hahahha I know how you feel I'm sitting here right now debating on an LS swap but too pricey at the moment but in the future I plan on it. I can get you a 4L60 trans that needs a rebuild for 100$ haha found it when i was thinking about my LS swap

Top Bottom