In a crisis please help

So I just got my gears changed to 5.13's in my 2013 jkur and now it won't shift out of first. I have a flash cal and I reprogrammed the computer but didn't work. The flashcal says the gear ratio is at 5.13 but check engine light comes on every 5 min saying wrong gears. pls help me out what do I do

I just read something on another forum and it said that the jeep is in limp mode and I have to take it to dealer. Does that sound right?

I also discounted the battery for a lil while to reset the computer and started it back up and it worked fine for about 45 seconds then had the problem again

did you look on Prject-JK for assistance or the write up section? I would PM Eddie to see if he might know.

R/
Will

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Can you clear limp mode with the Procal then set it back to stock? Or set it back to stock and then try to clear the code?

Can you clear limp mode with the Procal then set it back to stock? Or set it back to stock and then try to clear the code?

I can clear the code but it comes right back. If I put it back to stock will I hurt anything by running 5.13's when computer thinks it has 3.73's

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hmmm, I can't think of why it would hurt anything. I doubt everyone that changes gears immediately reprograms. Don't take my word for it though because I can't tell you with absolute certainty it wouldn't do anything.

Thinking it through though, people reset to stock all of the time to take their jeeps to the dealer and they don't break anything by doing so.

You drove home didn't you? Sounds to me like the issue is with the programmer.

Hmmm, I can't think of why it would hurt anything. I doubt everyone that changes gears immediately reprograms. Don't take my word for it though because I can't tell you with absolute certainty it wouldn't do anything.

Thinking it through though, people reset to stock all of the time to take their jeeps to the dealer and they don't break anything by doing so.

You drove home didn't you? Sounds to me like the issue is with the programmer.

Ya I drove home but it wouldn't go over 45 the whole way. The programmer works with everything else I changes the tire size and the tpms

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Before you programmed did it drive fine with the new gears? Who did the initial program? Are you sure the settings were correct?

Before you programmed did it drive fine with the new gears? Who did the initial program? Are you sure the settings were correct?

I programmer it myself tried 3 times to see if it would change anything I look at the settings from the programmer and it says it's programmer to 5.13's

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I programmer it myself tried 3 times to see if it would change anything I look at the settings from the programmer and it says it's programmer to 5.13's

Ok start here. What programmer are you using and what code is it throwing? Someone on the Internet with the same symptoms wouldn't always have the same code. Read the code.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
After doing a little research it seems like this may be common with 2012 and newer jeeps. Some people say they have to be coded right away or will go into limp mode.

Top Bottom