Diesel Conversions

zaid7

hey guys im wanting to do a diesel conversion im in Australia tho but I am interested to no what motors you guys used I have seen the guys from www.bruiserconversions.com I like this motor but not sure if I can get my hands on one in aus and also not to sure if im liking how loud it is when idleing does anyone have any thoughts. also please don't ask why not get a LS or Hemi as registration in aus costs way to much for a v8 cheers

TrailBear

They are using the 4bt in that conversion, that's a common swap here. You have a few options, you could try to find a wrecked wrangler there that has a diesel in it. Depending on your fab skills you can find a few more options but might take a fair bit more work.

zaid7

We do but I currently have a built 08 petrol and for me to sell this and buy a diesel the same age as mine I'll be 10g out of pocket and then you still need to spend over another 10g to modifying it to the same standards as what I have so next best option is transplant

TrailBear

I don't think you would need to upgrade your axles, but have a look and see what the diesel models have for axles , I think they are still the same. I think your best option would be to find a wrecked jeep with the diesel in it.

SDG

Caught the Bug
My rough estimate is you are going to be out a minimum of 10g on the swap anyway. i would think that the bt is a pretty common engine, as it is used worldwide. I may be wrong, but as with most engine swaps, I think the new engine is usually one of the cheaper items, its all the other stuff you have to do to get it work properly that is the expensive part.

zaid7

As I was trying to explain for me to sell my Jk is only get 27k tops for me to buy a 08 diesel I'm looking at 38k minimum for a bone stock Jk in aid it costs 5k for lockers another 5k for coilovers 2.5k for a winch then I got body armour and wheeels and tyres so it adds up very quickly. So instead is like to keep my setup and pay for diesel engine hence the question and even to find a diesel Jk motor is like finding a needle in a hay stack pretty rare over here as it is

TrailBear

What about finding a hilux or a land cruiser in a wrecker with a Diesel engine to use ? It would take a fair bit of fab to make it work but it should be doable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom