power steering pressure hose fitting

This isnt on a jk, although I think jk's use the same fitting, but you guys are great at answering tech questions so I thought i'll give it a shot. Pictured is the power steering high pressure hose, where the fitting goes into the power steering pump. This fitting was leaking fluid out the top, where the line goes into the bolt. I was going to replace the whole line, but the dealer pulled up a diagram on the computer that showed 2 o-rings. One of them is on the bottom of the fitting and the second one is inside. Anyone know how to get the fitting off? it spins non stop each direction.

0604021744.jpg

TrailBear

Looks to me like it's flared like a brake line, I could be wrong but that's what it looks like from the pic. Not to sure if you can cut and re flare it or if it's a new line needed.

thats what im thinking as well. It doesn't seem like it should be taken apart anyway for a pressure line, but the diagram the dealer pulled up was clear as day. I looked twice at it when I was there too, because I didnt think you could take the fitting off from the line itself.

Top Bottom