Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

I built a TJ for wheeling, but after getting married last year (2 kids now, and 2 dogs) we out grew it for wheeling as a family. So we recently bought a jkur. I wanted a rubicon for the front d44 and the transfer case.
1377229514121.jpg

JOCCIFarmMay202012-095-paul1.jpg

Our current Jeeps
1379198360013.jpg

First thing I did was pick up a Trektop off Clist thanks to Atch super cheap

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

pvanweelden

1381640606944.jpg

Then I went with a stubby bumper, while I build a winch bumper
1381640678109.jpg

Going to cut out the crash bar, flip up the edisco, building rockerskins, sliders and rear carrier

pvanweelden

Ordered evo C Gussets for the front, will do lca skids, steering stabilizer relocate, doing evap relocate tomorrow hopefully if I can find 5/8 fuel line in stock in town, got started tonight on front bumper. Going to use stock tow points for now (they're free)
1381641137756.jpg

pvanweelden

For now, I will be looking to get 35's, maybe 37's later. Regear to 5.13. Building rear corners, adding york oba, trimming fenders, no lift for now, maybe 2.5" leveling later.
Here's the stinger and rear hoop I got bent today
1381641731154.jpg

David1tontj

I'm sad to lose a Tj buddy, but looking forward to seeing your build!! One day when I win the lottery I'll get a four door and play along. (I've got 2 kids as well, but that's also why I can't afford one!).

P.s. you've been my favorite person ever since that post about my neighbors cat in the photo challenge! I still laugh at that!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

pvanweelden

Jkur was mostly stock, but has dynomax exhaust:thumbup:
Its nice to be able to actually HEAR the exhaust :)
Will be adding heated seats, and building a spod type switch panel

pvanweelden

^ thanks David! If my tj was built like yours, it wouldn't be sitting ignored in the garage like my tj has been for the last month! I hate to say it, but it might be time to sell my tj :-( the jkur has been spoiling me, the ride is too smooth!
The main space issue has been the dogs, I used to take my dog with everytime offroading, but he takes up the whole backseat, now with the wife n kids, there's no room for the dogs in the tj :-(

David1tontj

I built a TJ for wheeling, but after getting married last year (2 kids now, and 2 dogs) we out grew it for wheeling as a family. So we recently bought a jkur. I wanted a rubicon for the front d44 and the transfer case. Our current Jeeps
View attachment 52351
First thing I did was pick up a Trektop off Clist thanks to Atch super cheap

Can't see that pic

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

pvanweelden

The trektop pic? Was in the next post, my phone was screwing up, but here's another pic 1381643831605.jpg

pvanweelden

After trimming the fenders, I will remove the rear bumper, and run d rings off the frame. Some of what i build will be evo inspired, most of it original, and i am sharing this to give ideas to others that chose to build their own stuff. Thank you Mel Wade and Evo for all your awesome products!
For my tire carrier- i got the idea of it from Bruce but had to redesign it to fit my needs. Thank you Bruce from Life Off Road!
For my sliders- i guess thank you Ace? not sure who"s sliders they resemble.

Armor- will be just like everyone else's- but i will be making it myself.
i have access to a ten foot brake, so bending metal is not a problem for me :)
Sorry for my later post, but i plan on making as much of the parts as i can, myself.

Last edited:

pvanweelden

Didn't have as much time today as I had hoped, but I got the crash bar removed and flipped up the edisco. I just removed the lower crash bar for now, will remove the drop down supports next time I remove the bumper
Crash bar removed
1381704318343.jpg

Attachments

• 1381704341504.jpg
    1381704341504.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,291
Last edited:

pvanweelden

Thanks David!
it was a pain in the ass! but i wanted to try it at least, cut the slots with a grinder, plasma was not set right, kept blowing out even with starter holes drilled. i still need to use a dremel to clean them up.
Lots of grinding yet to do, and then painting, and unfortunately it has already become too cold in Iowa to paint in the garage :grayno:

Taking the rubi wheeling stock on saturday, to become familiar with it, since it is alot longer than i am used to :thumb:

Top Bottom