New Heavy Duty Aluminum Tie Rod

steadfast91

I just had PSC Steering Assist and a new heavy duty aluminum tie rod installed on my JK by Andrew at Letzoll Offroad in Mesa Az.
Which the guys did an awesome job on the install.

I wanted to share the info on the tie rod as I think it is a great deal.

The tie rod is made of 1.5" 7075 T-6 aluminum with massive 1.25" tie rod ends. The aluminum rod will flex and flex back versus bending a chrome moly rod. They are produced in Letzroll's shop and are 100% made in the USA and Andrew has a lifetime warranty on the 7075 T-6 aluminum.

Best of all the cost is 200 bucks!

Check it out
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381645802.827521.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381645819.927901.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381645834.778412.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Looks really good. I am always skeptical when aluminum is used for parts that need strength. Please share any experiences you have wheeling such as the bending back and forth. The aka for posting this up!

rtguy1

nice. looks like a copy of the ruff stuff tie rod using the offset gm 1 ton ends except in aluminum. ruff stuff lists at $135 in steel and can be had on sale for less

rtguy1

Yes they do look similar but with a 1.25" shank on the rod ends they are bigger than 1 ton rod ends

So how do you run a 1.25" shank with 1.5" tubing? Is this thing 1/8" wall and aluminum? Seems like that it would bend easily if that is the case.

The ruff stuff kit uses a 3/4" shank to work with 1.5" tubing with 1/4" wall.

Last edited:

Rebel JK

The TRE looks identical to the ruffstuff ends. Question for the metal experts here- assuming the alum tube is .250 wall, or I guess even a solid tube drilled and tapped, would the thread depth and threads per inch be different when tapping aluminum versus steel? I like the idea of the alum, but would be curious on the effects of long term vibration and abuse etc on the internal alum threads if going with the standard machine thread bungs. Not a doubter, just curious.

Top Bottom