Next suspension upgrade need some help

mrmet1983

Here is my Dilemma I current have a 2013 JKUR with enforcer on 35s with 513s now I have always wanted COs and long arms I'm just trying to figure out which I should do first and if COs are a little overkill. Now I do wheel at least 2x a month and mild to heavy wheeling. I'm going to Moab and doing the rubicon next year so I want to be all set up by then. Now I do not ever plan on doing high speed runs across the desert or any racing whatsoever!! Do you guys think COs are a little overkill and should I go with king 2.0 instead? I am upgrading to 37s an will be doing ARB air lockers front and rear. So I guess my main ? Is should I go with COs or king 2.0s the money isn't the issue and this is my DD. Also I know I don't "need" long arms for COs so should I go with a set of adj CAs or just go all out with long arms thanks for any Input guys and gals

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you have money to burn you should get long arms and coilovers. But go all out.

I haven't really felt limited with my enforcer and King 2.5s. Moab, Rubicon, JKX, Northern Nevada, Las Vegas trails...check. So I'll most likely go with axles before I go coilovers. When I do though, I'll probably skip the bolt-ons and go with DTD/evolever. I just don't see the incremental differences as being enough to justify the swap to bolt-ons.

I'm sure others will have different opinions. ;)

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
If i were going with the EVO bolt on coilovers i would get adjustable lower fronts and see how it performs. I think that would be all you need unless you are going hard core wheeling all the time.

ChaosNein

if you have an EVO enforcer lift, you should have Front Adjustable LCAs already and that is all you really need. But if you are thinking about a coil-over/long arm upgrade, might I suggest going with the front DTD tower and EVOlever with only the coil-overs (no bypass shocks) and allow yourself the ability to upgrade again later.

mrmet1983

Thanks and yes I already have lower adj CAs I'm really looking to just get the best on road ride I can and I know that all adjustable arms or long arms will help with that. I'm leaning more and more toward COs just because I know if I don't get them I will always be wishing I did

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

mrmet1983

if you have an EVO enforcer lift, you should have Front Adjustable LCAs already and that is all you really need. But if you are thinking about a coil-over/long arm upgrade, might I suggest going with the front DTD tower and EVOlever with only the coil-overs (no bypass shocks) and allow yourself the ability to upgrade again later.

Now if I go with the DTD can I run those with just cos no shock at first ? And I think I'm staying away from Evo lever just cuz I don't want to have to go with the weld on long arms wud rather go with bolt on I'm not worried about the extra ground clearance

mrmet1983

Also trying to figure what I should do first. Should I do COs first or CAs first

ChaosNein

Now if I go with the DTD can I run those with just cos no shock at first ?

As stated before, you can run BOTH the front DTD and the rear EVOLever with just the coil-overs and no bypass shocks.

And I think I'm staying away from Evo lever just cuz I don't want to have to go with the weld on long arms wud rather go with bolt on I'm not worried about the extra ground clearance

Might I ask why you would rather BOLT-ON your Long-Arm kit rather than welding it on? Are you planning on taking it off? And you dont NEED to run a long arm kit with the DTD or the EVOLever. You CAN run either/both with your front adjustable LCAs and the rest of your OEM control arms. It would give you the same ride, but it is possible.

Also trying to figure what I should do first. Should I do COs first or CAs first

I suppose this would depend on what shocks you are running now??? Have you looked into simply upgrading to the KING 2.5 Res. shock and keeping your PlushRide Coils?

mrmet1983

That's what I was thinking just keeping my plush springs and go with kings and bolt on long arms cuz I will be doin the install my self

ChaosNein

That's what I was thinking just keeping my plush springs and go with kings and bolt on long arms cuz I will be doin the install my self

well that seems reasonable! :thumbup: the KING 2.5s are a great shock!

mrmet1983

Now my ? Is what do u think is a Better starting point should I get long arms first and then decide on DTD front and bolt on rear or king 2.5

ChaosNein

Now my ? Is what do u think is a Better starting point should I get long arms first and then decide on DTD front and bolt on rear or king 2.5

the DoubleD is nice and will improve you highway ride and if you are even thinking that you want to upgrade to coil-overs that is the way I would go. If you buy the 2.5s, that will probably be where you stay for a while.

mrmet1983

And if I get the 2.5s I can always use those on the DTDs in the front right

mrmet1983

I think I might just go with DTD and bolt on in rear then get the 2.5s upfront and long arms after

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Dot waste your money on the DTD back there. You will never use it for what it's intended for. If you lived out west then yes I would say get it but the king 2.0's will be more ten enough for you on the east coast.

seanb123

Dot waste your money on the DTD back there. You will never use it for what it's intended for. If you lived out west then yes I would say get it but the king 2.0's will be more ten enough for you on the east coast.

I have to agree for what goes on over here DTD is a bit over kill the second shock is a dampening shock and if your not going fast it's not getting use. Some would even say that CO on the east is a little bit of overkill. They do give a lot of travel but the idea of a coilovers is for speed. So as it has been said before coilovers are nice but maybe a little over kill. Like drew said grab the kings and see if you still want the CO

Top Bottom