tire pressure for 37 Nitto Trail Grapplers

OC Paul

I started the day at 32psi and then 25psi. 32 was to high for sure and a pain in the ass to drive on the road. At 25psi street driving was predicable. I was wondering what pressure I should run these on the street.

What about for wheeling..Do you always air down to go wheeling. We were out today in some shale rock hills and I sliced a 2 inch gash in the side wall and ruined a brand new tire ($$ouch$$). I had them at 32 pounds and I have to think that if they were aired down it wouldn't of happen.

Was it just bad luck or operator error?

Maybe the wrong tire for sharp shale rock, cactus dodging, virgin trail blazing?

Anyone want to sell a used 37 Nitto trail Grappler I can use as a spare! lol

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You didn't get the warranty on the tires?

Most people run 28psi on the street and air down from 6-14 depending on wheels and terrain.

OC Paul

You didn't get the warranty on the tires?

Most people run 28psi on the street and air down from 6-14 depending on wheels and terrain.

No Warranty... After today I think I will get the warranty on this one!... If Another one goes it will always be this warrantied one that failed...

Road_king

No Warranty... After today I think I will get the warranty on this one!... If Another one goes it will always be this warrantied one that failed...

Good luck with that - each tire has its own serial number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jerms

I run 26 on the road and 10 on the rocks

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OC Paul

Good luck with that - each tire has its own serial number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I know... Trying to make it easier to talk myself into buying another one!

Who buys the warranty? Sure seems like cheap insurance now.

Has anyone with a warranty ever had something like this happen and received a new tire at no cost?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah I know... Trying to make it easier to talk myself into buying another one!

Who buys the warranty? Sure seems like cheap insurance now.

Has anyone with a warranty ever had something like this happen and received a new tire at no cost?

I bought it. $200 when I'm spending $2000 really isn't all that much.

OC Paul

Thanks for all the advise.

Just bought one from Discount Tire Direct. The company allowed me to get the warranty on all five. Will be so much better wheeling with out the worry of buying another tire too!

Top Bottom