Goodyear Duratracs or Toyo Open Country AT II

ASUMirage15

Hey Guys (and Gals),

I'm in the process of deciding which tire to purchase for my 2014 Rubicon Unlimited X. I have owned the Goodyear Duratracs in the past and they were really fantastic, however I am hearing really great stuff about the Toyos. My setup will be with a Teraflex 3" (4) Flexarm lift and I am considering 325/65R18 for the Duratracs and 35x12.50R18 for the Toyos.

What are your thoughts on the tires?

With a 3'' lift you will definitely want 35's anything smaller would look to small. I had 35's with a 3.5'' lift and I had to go to 37's because they were small with that much lift. I have had really good luck with nitto trail grapplers, they are quiet on the road and are really good on the rocks. By the way welcome to wayalife

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to beat Duratracs but, with the 65,000 mile warranty that the Toyo's come with and their reputation for making outstanding tires, they'd be what I would try next.

Doctorsti

I have 35/1250R17 Toyo's in the garage as we speak to go on a Mopar/Teraflex 3" stage 3. The "extreme" sizes of 35's and the 285/75r17 have a 50,000 warranty, only the passenger car rated tires carry the 65,000. Either way at 69lbs a piece they are going to be significantly heavier then their Duratrac counterpart. I also have read enough good on them that at 254/tire compared to Duratracs at over 300 I decided to go with the Toyo's. Off the vehicle they are an impressive tire with interesting attention to detail even on the interior of the tire with ribbing that I assume allows better articulation of the treat while providing the (unnecessary for a Jeep) E rating.

My JKUR 10th Anniversary will be running the Rugged Ridge 17x9 wheels in satin black with the 35" Toyo's and I believe I will be very pleased based on reviews of both.

I'll post pics this weekend when they are installed.

Holeshot

Banned
I'm very pleased with my duratracs. I've wheeled around 15 000 miles to this point, and they're still going strong, maybe 3/32 are gone so far.

Your choice depends on what kind of wheeling you will do, toyo's are a lot less agressive than the duratracs, so if you get muddy terrain, duratracs would be better.

:twocents::twocents:

13JKURAZ

I run the Toyos 35's on the 17" Rubi rim and love them. They grip good on the rocks, float in the sand, and are quiet on the road. Back that up with 65k mile warranty and you are good to go!

jeepgreenjon

I know its alot of money to try something new, especially when you have had good luck with another tire in the past... however I have found there is nothing more rewarding then trying a new tire, just to find they exceed the performance of any tire you have had in the past. I would go with the Toyo and give them a shot. I dont think you will be disappointed at all. :thumb:

ASUMirage15

Many Thanks

Thanks for all of the great feedback and for welcoming me to the forum. Those Toyos have a warranty that truly is unbeatable. :thumb:

Top Bottom