What size rims?

Jeepin it

Hi I Have a 2012 jeep jk wrangler sport and iam adding a 1.75 inch buget boost lift to it and will be running 33 inch tyers. I would like to know what size rim i will need, can i get a 15 inch rim on and what back spacing? Thanks.

kaptkrappy

Hello to our "down under" friend,

I've heard you can run 15's but there might be clearance problems with the brake calipers on some brands of wheels. You can usually grind off some of the caliper if you really want 15's.
Back spacing = 4.5 inches to avoid rubbing the tire on the suspension.

Disclaimer: All this info is from the forum, no personal experience.

07rub

if u wana save some cash just keep the wheels u have and slap the rubber on it and if u need get spacers

Prime8

Jeepin it said:
Hi I Have a 2012 jeep jk wrangler sport and iam adding a 1.75 inch buget boost lift to it and will be running 33 inch tyers. I would like to know what size rim i will need, can i get a 15 inch rim on and what back spacing? Thanks.

17's are the most common on newer jeeps, so from an availability and trail-failure standpoint, I'd definitely go with 17's.

kaptkrappy

17's are the most common on newer jeeps, so from an availability and trail-failure standpoint, I'd definitely go with 17's.

I wonder if it's the same in Australia ??? 15's are cheaper here and 17's are available just about everywhere in North America.

So Jeepin it, how easy is it for you to get this stuff "down under" ? :thinking:

StrizzyChris

I wonder if it's the same in Australia ??? 15's are cheaper here and 17's are available just about everywhere in North America.

So Jeepin it, how easy is it for you to get this stuff "down under" ? :thinking:

15" tires are cheaper here too. Just harder to find rims that fit the larger calipers since the JK was introduced. Many people with the older models prefer 15's for price and sidewall ratio for running 32's. Everyone’s preference is different based on your application, but the 1/2 wheel to tire ratio is a pretty good guide.

17" is a bit more expensive but obviously cheaper than tires for a 20" wheel, and provides a good base for tire sizes 32 through 40's. Over 40, and there's almost no market for a 17. I wouldn’t run that anyway due to the sidewall shift you would experience when rolling over obstacles.

Jeepin it

Thanks for the fast info guys i think ill stick to the stock 17s and just run 33s for now as it is the biggest tyre you can run on the roads with out the police on your back about them ( pain in the ass ) . Biggest kit over here will let you run 37s so ill be waiting till they bring out something that will let you run 38s or 40s. Then i will buy a new of rims with beadlocks.

DA RUNT

They come from the factory with 16" unless you get the Sport S. And I believe but don't quote me that the tires are 225/75R16

Top Bottom