Half door paint

graydragon2

I got a set of half doors for my cj7 and I am looking at painting them. The jeep now is white with a blue pearl paint job. The guy who originally painted it no longer paints and doesn't have the original mix so that is out the question. I am just wondering what everyone thinks as far as colors of the doors go as I don't really have the funds to have it painted by a professional shop. I got a quote on the 2 doors of about $6-$700 for both. The interior is monstalined and the dash is the same blue as on the hood.
IMG955096_zps66bfb044.jpg
IMG951151_zps4d9b1bee.jpg
IMG_20130929_195627_226_zpsbfa2dcb5.jpg
. Any opinions are welcome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

kaptkrappy

If the original white cannot be matched, i'd say match the blue thats on the hood.

Yeah, I would go with a contrasting color to the white.

I don't think they could exactly match the blue on the hood either, but they could get pretty close and since it's not actually right up against it like the white, no one would notice a slight difference.

There's enough black on it to just paint them black and it would probably look good too. (I'm prejudiced though)

Top Down Work .jpg

Last edited:

graydragon2

Although I like the black on white look, I think since they are metal half doors the blue may look better. If I did go with the black I would have to go a flat or matte black.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom