Front speakers help.

Brankz

So I destroy my front speakers now they sound like crap,
I replaced the sound bar ones but I can't find out how to remove/replace the front ones, any help?

Brankz

CrazyLarry

order the mopar speakers from amazon they sound a lot better and they come with instructions to install the front. :beer:

Brankz

order the mopar speakers from amazon they sound a lot better and they come with instructions to install the front. :beer:

I have a pair of 6.5" boss speakers but I cant figured out how to remove the old ones.. What I did find is the gps trackers on my jeep:) I did not liked so I unplug the red wire lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381951267.040277.jpg

Brankz

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
If it were a tracker wouldn't they want to make it hard to find... so that if someone stole your jeep they don't just follow the wire out of the light???

Brankz

If it were a tracker wouldn't they want to make it hard to find... so that if someone stole your jeep they don't just follow the wire out of the light???

Yea maybe, I was just saying cause it has a lil antenna it's connected to that red bottom and the power.

Brankz

TheDuff

Im just going out on a limb here, but Im thinking that box is the reciever for the alarm key fob. If u dont have the alarm activated then cool.:cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

To remove the speakers, u have to remove the pods. Passenger side is easier, just remove glove box and pop the dash side panel off to get to the screws that hold it in. Driver side is much more involved. The whole front panel that surrounds the steering colum must come off, this requires that u pull the gauge cluster to gain access to a couple of the screws. Ive seen some write ups floating around the interwebs, google is ur friend here:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Holeshot

Banned
Replaced mine a couple weeks ago, I just removed the bottom screws on both sides (in each corner), on driver side I poped the panel under the steering and removed both top screws. On passenger side It was a bit more difficult, removed the glove box, and only had to pry it a lot and used a 1/4" ratchet, with a 1/4 socket and a screw driver bit.

good luck

Top Bottom