ATX Slab Question

Dashyl

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase ATX Beadlock Slabs, I've searched a few forums but have been unable to find out if the ATX Slabs are DOT Compliant. From what i've read Beadlocks are legal from state to state, I live in NJ so any help anyone could shed on this would be great!! Thanks for the help!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They are the baddest wheel out right now...Buy em..... legal or not!

im curious as to what they say when you go for your inspection BAM. can you let me know what they say/dont say please? if i go to 37's i will be getting slabs at the same time

GCM 2

Get the Slabs....

I say go ahead and take advantage of the Off Road Evolution current "buy 4, get the 5th one free" deal. Then just keep your stock skinny tires and wheels for inspection days :idontknow:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I say go ahead and take advantage of the Off Road Evolution current "buy 4, get the 5th one free" deal. Then just keep your stock skinny tires and wheels for inspection days :idontknow:

lol dont tempt me greg trust me the thought has been going thru my head everyday this week since i saw the deal come up again! my only dilemma is i just got my 315/70R16 mud grapplers and dont want to go and buy another set of tires right away again.

on a side note how easy is it to balance the mud grapplers and the slabs?

GCM 2

lol dont tempt me greg trust me the thought has been going thru my head everyday this week since i saw the deal come up again! my only dilemma is i just got my 315/70R16 mud grapplers and dont want to go and buy another set of tires right away again.

on a side note how easy is it to balance the mud grapplers and the slabs?

Ummmm, let's see. It's pretty difficult so here are the 4 steps.

1) purchase wheels

2) purchase new tires or re-use old tires

3) Watch this video......

4) Apply new skills learned from video. Go drive jeep on roads or over really gnarly stuff, repeat as often as necessary.

Like most guys running Slabs and Nitto or Toyo tires, I have zero weights on any of my wheels. :rock:

Last edited:

FuriousDz

In NJ now they are really only concerned with emissions. I know a few people with lifted vehicles who would have failed and have for one thing or another in years past but not so much anymore with all the cut backs.

I dont think you will have an issue but there is always the possibility of getting someone who may question you on it.

mrmike

Like most guys running Slabs and Nitto or Toyo tires, I have zero weights on any of my wheels. :rock:

I pulled the trigger on the Slab sale when they installed my bolt on coilovers. Finally mounted the wheels yesterday. I am using a set of 30% life Trail Grapplers that I purchased used. To be safe I went to Discount for balancing. They put a little as 6 oz and as much as 10oz on. The ones that had a lot of cupping were the worst.

Top Bottom