Vr10000

Mikes Offroad

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with the Warn VR10000. My son has bought one and after 3 different pulls it died, we sent it out for warranty. It came back 2 weeks ago and after the first pull this past weekend it died again. We spoke with the Warn rep in Alberta (closest place) and was informed that it is a winch that was designed not to be used that often and even asked if we had pressure washed it as that could effect it. My son and I were like are you kidding. My son is a little pissed now because they informed him now that the warranty has expired. He now wishes that he got the Shittybilt like me as mine has not skipped a beat.

Army_Vet

Banned
My son is a little pissed now because they informed him now that the warranty has expired. He now wishes that he got the Shittybilt like me as mine has not skipped a beat.

Wow! This does not sound like the typical warn stories you tend to hear...

Just to be upfront, I have no experience with any winch; but from what I have read this does not look good on the company....

Wish you luck....

What I would do from this point.... if i were faced with this dilemma is find an electrical motor rebuild shop local to you and see if they will look at it.....

Bill S

I have used my vr10000 a lot including pulling stumps out tree trunks up steep banks and a lot more uses then just pulling out stuck vehicles. I have had mine pulling so hard it stopped. I've actually bent my Rock Hard 1/4 in. Bumper. Never had a problem. I'd say you have a bad winch. I would ask for a complete new unit.

Mikes Offroad

They do not seem to be to helpful up here in Canada. He knew when he bought the VR series that it would be cheaper but this thing s a piece of crap. I have a call in with another tech in BC so will see what happens.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, the VR series is a line of winches that WARN should never have put their logo on. Unlike their Premium and Ultimate Series winches which are made in the USA, the VR's (entry level or "value" series) are not and are about as good as any Smittybilt winch or the like - you win some you lose some.

Top Bottom