Factory Navigation Color Display

cjmaroney

On the factory Navigation is has a setting "Auto Color Mode". Which I would have thought that would change the colors from "Daytime Color" to Nighttime Colors" at a time or when the head lights come on. But this has not been the case so far. Is always seems to be in "Daytime Colors". Am I missing something in another setting somewhere?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 125

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
That's strange. I have mine set in auto color more and it changes whenever the headlights are on.

Aeraun

On the factory Navigation is has a setting "Auto Color Mode". Which I would have thought that would change the colors from "Daytime Color" to Nighttime Colors" at a time or when the head lights come on. But this has not been the case so far. Is always seems to be in "Daytime Colors". Am I missing something in another setting somewhere?

I have noticed that it doesn't always switch during appropriate times. Right now for me it changes with headlights only but for a while I recall it not changing at all. At one point I just left it on night time with the highest brightness. I dunno I find the electronics in general to be glitchy at times. On more than one occasion my windshield wipers just turn on for a couple of swipes then stop lol

E-man

Check the dimmer control on your turn signal stalk. If its set to full bright, your radio may not dim when the headlights come on.

JKWrang

Check the dimmer control on your turn signal stalk. If its set to full bright, your radio may not dim when the headlights come on.

My wife thinks I am weird for having my dimmer switch down. It has a purpose!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

jhires

Is the sensor on top of the dash covered? It's the small round 1/2 dome looking thing just beyond the tray on the dashboard.

cjmaroney

The dome is clear and clean. I have not even been able to get it to change with turning on the headlights on so far. I will play with the dimmer setting and let everyone now. Thank you for the replies.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

Winner winner. IF the dome stalk thing is on full bright, it will not go into nighttime colors. ;)

Top Bottom