Rubicon

Serg5000

Here I come. Today is the day I leave for the Rubicon. I have been waiting for this morning for months now. When the alarm went off I jumped out of bed and hit the ground running. My beautiful wife thought I lost my mind.

I will post pictures and stories when I get back. For me, this is the trip of my life time. See you all in a few days.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Serg5000 said:
Here I come. Today is the day I leave for the Rubicon. I have been waiting for this morning for months now. When the alarm went off I jumped out of bed and hit the ground running. My beautiful wife thought I lost my mind.

I will post pictures and stories when I get back. For me, this is the trip of my life time. See you all in a few days.

Awesome man! Have a blast! Be sure to change your "favorite trail" when you get back too. ;)

Chairokey

That's really awesome, congrats!

Question about Rubicon.. Is it really a 10/10 as far as difficulty goes? It's just that I've seen trails rated lower than a 10 where a stock rubicon couldn't make it (for instance, a step that would require bigger tires and a lift to clear.). However the Trail Rated jeeps acquired their badge because they were able to clear the rubicon straight from the factory (according to the jeep website.) any insight on that?

SoCalDozer

That's really awesome, congrats!

Question about Rubicon.. Is it really a 10/10 as far as difficulty goes? It's just that I've seen trails rated lower than a 10 where a stock rubicon couldn't make it (for instance, a step that would require bigger tires and a lift to clear.). However the Trail Rated jeeps acquired their badge because they were able to clear the rubicon straight from the factory (according to the jeep website.) any insight on that?

well even a jeep liberty can get a trail rated badge if its 4 wheel drive and I can assure you that it wont make it through the rubicon.

Serg5000

A few months ago a group of friends invited me on the wild adventure. The Rubicon to be exact. It took me all of a few minutes to say yes I'm in. I took the time off from work and began to ponder. What should I do to prepare my Jk for this trip. Like all of you, I have heard many stories of this awesome trail and what one should do to prepare for it. As the months went by, I didn't do anything to my Jk. Let me tell you what setup I have. Not sure if you can even call it a setup.

2.5" Rough Country lift. With their shock.
35" BFG's MT's
And a Smittybuilt winch. That's it man. Nothing more nothing less.

As you can imagine, once I had my Jk loaded down I was at about 1.5"
Of lift in the rear. So off I go to meet up with my friends. Most of them have pretty sweet setups. 4" lifts with 35's or 37's. Bumpers winches you name it.
Off we go and after 450 miles of driving later, we get to the hotel to rest up for the trip of a life time. The next morning, off we go. We get to the staging area and air down. A few minutes later we are off to conquer the trail. Or so I thought.

The Gate Keeper had other plans for me. As I tried to make my way through it I peel the bottom of my diff cover up and began leaking fluid. A fella behind me seen it and ran up with a oil pad. I thought to myself, I'm done. One of the guys I was with says just take a hammer and beat it back in place and re fill it. So let the banging begin. I got it back and it held. By the second day it was dripping again. So I banged some more and added more juice. Lol.
I was glad I didn't turn around just for that. This place was amazing. More of my adventure to come.

Attachments

• image-2511170564.jpg
    image-2511170564.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 110

Serg5000

This trip provided us with some of natures best she has to offer. I found myself paying more attention to the surrounding mountains then I was the trail. A big ass rock right in front reminded me to stop that. So I backed up and up and over it I went. Our first day we made it to Buck Island as the sun began to set. I jumped out of my Jk and fired up my chain saw and began cutting fire wood. Once that was done, off I went to setup my tent in the dark. No problem there. Then I fixed myself a ribeye steak and green beans. Damn was I hungry.

The next morning I was the first one up. Boy was it beautiful.

Attachments

• image-3599045693.jpg
    image-3599045693.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3681290523.jpg
    image-3681290523.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image-852748745.jpg
    image-852748745.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 111

Serg5000

I could sit here and tell you about every inch of my adventure. But why do that. You guys can see from the pictures I posted and those others have posted that this is an amazing place. I am very thankful to have been a part of this trip. I learned a lot of things on this trip. 1. To be better prepared for damage. 2. Tools. Tools. Tools. Oh and hose clamps. Bring frickin hose clamps. You will know why soon enough. 3. Fluids. Bring coolant and oils that you may need. Trust me.

I want to add, I was with very nice people. They helped me when I needed it without. Linking an eye. I am very lucky to have friends like that.

In closing. I have only one regret. I was sitting on a boulder enjoying a cup of fresh brewed coffee when I seen the sun was beginning to rise. My regret is I had no family with me. My beautiful wife could. It come. My son did not get permission from the military to come either. At that very moment I realized I would never do an adventure like this without one of them ever again. Friends are one thing. But family is the most important. At least it is to me.
Her is the picture I took when the tear left my eye. Enjoy friends.

Attachments

• image-1173936873.jpg
    image-1173936873.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 109

Serg5000

More pics.

Attachments

• image-4110804969.jpg
    image-4110804969.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1568753797.jpg
    image-1568753797.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3290387773.jpg
    image-3290387773.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3781064667.jpg
    image-3781064667.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 103
  • image-4203592564.jpg
    image-4203592564.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1383422592.jpg
    image-1383422592.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 103

ZERO LIMITZ

Awesome pictures. Glad you had a great time, I understand about having the family with ya it means alot more getting to share the experience with them..... Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom