Factory Black Paint

cjmaroney

It is just me or is it you too? I bought a Black 2014 Jeep Unlimited and to me the paint seems to me questionable. At fist look it look fine. But the more I wash it I find spots that are questionable. I have found light spots under the rail where the hard top sit (pretty noticeable when the top is off but not so visible when the top is on). Also around some of the hinges it seem light. And the part the bugs me the most it seem to me like it has a lot of orange peel in it. Am I just being picky or does Jeep need to work on their painting techniques?

Attachments

• DSC_5487.jpg
    DSC_5487.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 155

Devallee

I feel like Jeeps painting techniques have always been questionable. I have an 09 and the painting just seems incomplete (roll cage, inside of the hard top, etc.) and have seen many other jeeps older and newer with the same issues. Just seems very half assed but I've gotten over it over the years

suicideking

I haven't noticed any imperfections in mine other than the 100+ scratches :D. From far away after a wash it looks pretty good.

Black is always a high maintenance color. I love black, but don't think I would get a black Jeep again.

I had my front grill repainted and my painter stated Jeep actually has an orange peel look. Did not notice until I picked it up. To me it is just color so the bare metal does not rust. It will get custom pin striping from the trails and maybe a little rock rash.

Top Bottom