loosing front Dif Fluid

HLKSMSH

So last weekend I changed my Ball joints and tie rod. All was good till today I see I am leaking Dif fluid out the axle on the driver side. I think its the inner seal I jacked up on that side so my question is how is the best way to fix it or can you guys point me in the rite direction to fix it. I hate going to the shop to have my jeep worked on so I would like to do it myself if you guys think its not that hard of a job.

Brewman

So last weekend I changed my Ball joints and tie rod. All was good till today I see I am leaking Dif fluid out the axle on the driver side. I think its the inner seal I jacked up on that side so my question is how is the best way to fix it or can you guys point me in the rite direction to fix it. I hate going to the shop to have my jeep worked on so I would like to do it myself if you guys think its not that hard of a job.

Since you just took your shafts out it could just be oil in the axle tube. I would give it a week, if the leak stays steady fix the seal, if it stops it might just be oil in the tube. But check your fluid level to be sure.

HLKSMSH

yea I am at a loss for it lasted 9 days before it started leaking I have been watching it close today and drying up the fluid but it keeps coming out.

MurderedJK

More than likely you damaged the seal when reinserting the shafts (common). You will have to replace the seals...

cru9

Do your self a favor and buy factory seals. I just changed mine for the second time last week when the Spicer ones started leaking after I installed them.

Blknblujeep

Don't forget to gring the diff cover down a bit. It will give u a less area of grab when offroading. I did my diff cover yesterday. Used rvc gasket seal. No leaks yet.

Serg5000

Front axle seals are actually a cake job. I had never done it and was able to do it pretty quick. The job becomes pretty self explanitory as you go along. You have already removed you axle shafts once so that part you know how to do. The only things left is pop the cover off pull the carrier or locker, R+R the seals. There are many ways to remove and install the seals so I imagine you being mechanically inclined you will have no issue doing that part. The only tip I have. Before I reinstalled the shafts I cleaned and took some scotch-Brite and made the end real smooth. I then put some grease on the seals where the shaft will touch first and thats it. Reinstall everything.

Good luck

HLKSMSH

Hey guys I wanted to say thanks for the info I am waiting on my lube locker seal to get here and I will go at this job I already have the seals.

HLKSMSH

Well guys I got it in to the dealer today and I have to say I always get great service they fixed the axle seal under warranty and I also told them I didnt like the engine noise and how I had seen two engine codes come up for missed cylinder fire. So tomorrow I get the left head replaced on my 2012.

Top Bottom