need some advice on my build

dunstan74

its time to start building up my rig, 2013 jku. being a newbie was looking for the some input from other jeepers with more experience than myself.
to start things of im thinking suspension, tires and armor will be the first areas i would like to upgrade.

suspension.
its really hard not to notice the of reputation evo. and im leaning towards having the 3'' evo enforcer shipped over from the states.
my question regarding this is what benefits will i be getting running the king 2.5 with reservoir opposed to the king 2.0 without the reservoir?
will i need any additional components that are not included with this kit?
i will need to replace my front drive shaft correct?

tires.
im planning on running 35'' nitto trail grapplers with new wheels. my only concern is will this setup start breaking other components on my jeep? i plan to gusset my c's but im not really keen to throw money at stock axles to beef them up.
steel or alloy and what size? is going with a cheaper smaller wheel going to bite me later down the track?

armor.
along with my facotry skids, will evo sliders and evo skids keep everything that needs to be protected safe or is the anything else that will benefit from being protected.

probably still allot of ground to cover but any input on this for now would be much appreciated:D thanks in advance.

noroad

Sounds cool to me, from what I hear evo lifts are a very nice ride, I went a diff road and went with RE but they where my next pick. when it comes to 35s on a dana 30 you will probable be fine as long as you dont regear to high(which you shouldnt have to do with 35s maybe 4.10 or 4.56 depending on you jeep standard/auto) c's are deff a good idea to add before tires or asap with 35s. when it comes to beefing up you axles well again that depends on how hard you play. when it comes to wheels everyone has their own pick steel is more often then not cheaper but is heavier then alloy. when it comes to reservoir from what i hear they are helpful in the places you run hard and fast for long times like open grounds, other then that they look cool.

Last edited:

2007 JKU

Banned
If your a newbie as stated I'd highly recommend just driving as is and learn the JK and the type of trails you wheel in or plan on..once you get some experience and see many other JK's and their mods and how they work then decide what's best for you. Last thing IMO is to jump in and start buying without any idea of what your doing or what you really need.

I second the last post. Also one of the first mods you should do is get recovery gear. It will pay dividends in the long run. ARB has a great kit ready to go. I picked up one when I purchased my winch.

R/
Will

jeeeep

Hooked
its time to start building up my rig, 2013 jku. being a newbie was looking for the some input from other jeepers with more experience than myself.
to start things of im thinking suspension, tires and armor will be the first areas i would like to upgrade.

suspension.
its really hard not to notice the of reputation evo. and im leaning towards having the 3'' evo enforcer shipped over from the states.
my question regarding this is what benefits will i be getting running the king 2.5 with reservoir opposed to the king 2.0 without the reservoir?
will i need any additional components that are not included with this kit?
i will need to replace my front drive shaft correct?

tires.
im planning on running 35'' nitto trail grapplers with new wheels. my only concern is will this setup start breaking other components on my jeep? i plan to gusset my c's but im not really keen to throw money at stock axles to beef them up.
steel or alloy and what size? is going with a cheaper smaller wheel going to bite me later down the track?

armor.
along with my facotry skids, will evo sliders and evo skids keep everything that needs to be protected safe or is the anything else that will benefit from being protected.

probably still allot of ground to cover but any input on this for now would be much appreciated:D thanks in advance.

x3 on getting to know your JKU, what type of trails you will do most often. The JKU is very capable as it is. Recovery gear is something I always felt should be a stock item when new...

some answers to your questions - the enforcer gives a nice ride, I have Clayton but another fellow jeeper close to me has the enforcer and I've driven it on and off road. Reservoir shocks have more oil capacity than a monotube shock. Monotube shocks are fine for everyday use, off-road with the constant shock absorbing of rough roads and high speeds, the oil heats faster and the ride becomes much more harsh and less controlling. Reservoir shocks because of the added oil capacity take much longer to heat and a side benefit is they also allow the oil to cool allowing them to be more absorbing during long runs on rough roads = better ride, better control. However, you won't really notice any difference as a daily driver. Depending on with reservoir shock you get they are also rebuildable and can be tuned for your ride and driving style.

Tires - it all depends on how you drive, you can break components with your stock tires if you wanted to... do you have a Rubi or other? there are many who run larger tires with their stock axles for a very long time (D30's as well). It's all about driving smart and picking good lines when off-road. Anyone can put the hammer down but unless you have deep pockets and enjoy getting towed, learn what your stock jeep can do and improve your off-road driving skills. Your C's won't bend then next day after upgrading to a larger tire but they are something you want to do asap. I've run my 35's for a couple of years without gussets and they are still fine. I wheel often but I don't hammer the trails like I used to, even then I was still careful about the lines I chose. I do have gussets to install as I have 37's that I want to swap up to. A lot of guys go to 15" wheels IMO I think this can lead to brake issues down the road but I'd stick with your stock size.

Armor - factory skids and oil pan protection you should be fine. I think the '13's already have the Evap skid. The stock diff covers are pretty strong.

like others have stated, get to know your JKU and hone your off-road driving skills, you'd be surprised how much you can really do in stock form. have fun!

Last edited:

Murloc

Let me know when you place your order mate, I might add some stuff to it :) also keen to help out, especially on the c-gussets (if you are doing them yourself?) Keep in touch.

Sent from my HTC One XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

armor.

That's where I would start -- rails and skids. Don't forget diff covers. The factory covers tend to pry off easily on rocks. After that, I'd go with lift and wheels.

You'll also want an air compressor and air down tools.

I disagree with spending a bunch on recovery gear. Get a recovery strap and some of the other basics. As long as you wheel with others that have a winch, you can put that off until you get other stuff done.

Top Bottom