LED Light Recommendation for AEV utility mast on AEV tire carrier

UndeadJeeper

Folks,
I've got the AEV bumper and rear tire carrier combo, which comes with the high utility mast with 3 mounting holes on it. I want to put a backup/utility light on this thing but the one you can get from AEV is a 55W halogen bulb. No offense to halogen bulbs but I have an LED in my license plate holder and that puts out more light than a 55W halogen bulb. If I'm going to put a light on top of that mast, I want it to emit -more- light than my license plate holder :) If it has an easily changeable LED bulb (in case I want more blue than white, etc) that's a huge bonus.

Does anybody have any recommendations for an LED light I can put on top of that pole? I don't particularly care if it has automatic mode as I'll more than likely end up wiring it to an sPod inside the cab rather than as a true back-up light.

Thanks!

Tire carrier: http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/category/body-exterior/jk-rear-bumper-tire-carrier.html
AEV's 50W halogen light for the utility mast: http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/ipf-8161-backup-light.html

Ldogg

I have seen a few pics of rigid dually or D2's on the mast. There were a few that had 2 up there pointing in different directions. You could get some rigid knockoffs if you wanted to keep the cost down. Several places sell them in pairs for about $150. Olympus offroad sells them for $125 a pair, and includes different color covers, and a pair of rock lights.

Ldogg

Here's a couple pics. Looks like someone used a 4 or 6" led bar too. That's kinda cool.

JK%252520Rear%252520Mast%252520Rig%252520Close.jpg

attachment.php

UndeadJeeper

That pic with the 2 Rigids and the other LED looks very much like what I'd like to do, maybe just take a pair of dually D2s and aim them slightly apart. Any idea where I might get the bracket used in that picture to create a little space between the two outer lights? From what I can tell it looks like a single bracket mounted on the AEV mast that creates the room for the 3 LEDs.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
that bracket looks custom to me. I feel you could go out and just get some flat steel, drill some holes and have exactly what you need. If its for a reverse light look and see if anyone makes a knockoff dually with a diffuesed lens which will give you a ton of light spread.

Top Bottom