Buying a used 1310 drive shaft..... Few questions for you guys

Jersey_Devil

I need a new front drive shaft and I found a used coast 1310 front drive shaft with only 5k miles on it, and the yolks included too. It has been taken off cause the jeep is being returned to stock to sell it.
My questions......
-his rig is a 2012 2 door rubi with a manual transmission, mine is a 2010 JKUR with an automatic transmission. Will his drive shaft work on my rig?
-he asking 375 shipped from Cali to NJ..... This reasonable? Seemed good to me.

Thanks in advance!
Sent from my obama monitoring device

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I'm not sure. A manual transmission is longer than an automatic and the drive shaft may not be long enough. The difference isn't huge but, I might not take the risk.

Atch

If Northridge is still running their 10% off sale, a new one can be had for $405 shipped. I'd opt for the new and correct one for $30.

jkmadness

I need a new front drive shaft and I found a used coast 1310 front drive shaft with only 5k miles on it, and the yolks included too. It has been taken off cause the jeep is being returned to stock to sell it.
My questions......
-his rig is a 2012 2 door rubi with a manual transmission, mine is a 2010 JKUR with an automatic transmission. Will his drive shaft work on my rig?
-he asking 375 shipped from Cali to NJ..... This reasonable? Seemed good to me.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't do it Stevo,just like everyone else said get the new right one from northridge for 400 bucks and call it a day.:yup:

Jersey_Devil

Ok. thank you everyone. I'll try north ridge and just get the new one

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before you spend any money on a 1310 shaft, I just want to make sure you know that a 1310 is actually a bit weaker than a stock shaft? The one u-joint that the factory front shaft uses is actually a 1330. If it were me and if you can afford it, I personally would just get a 1350. But, that's just me.

Serg5000

The price for the used one isn't great. And said above, drop the extra $30 or so and order the correct one. I purchased a used one and the rebuild was going to cost almost as much as ordering a new one. I got burned for $100+ Don't get burned man. Save your money and buy new.

Jersey_Devil

Before you spend any money on a 1310 shaft, I just want to make sure you know that a 1310 is actually a bit weaker than a stock shaft? The one u-joint that the factory front shaft uses is actually a 1330. If it were me and if you can afford it, I personally would just get a 1350. But, that's just me.

Ok thank you, i wasn't aware of this. I'll definitely look into a 1350.
I saw on the project jk site u did a 1310 install that's why i was gonna get that

Sent from my obama listening device

Jkjamesdawson

I've been happy with my Adam's driveshaft...and he's typically cheaper than the next guy. Also you can't ask new prices for used items. It might be worth F'N around with for $200

Top Bottom