Anyone run a body lift?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i dont have one but from my understand a body lift is just like a BB kit. they will all be the same. (please correct me if im wrong

companys- any. just depends on height and price
advantages- helps you run larger tires with less lift (eddie ran them on Moby for a bit i believe. should be a write up on project-jk)
disadvantanges- i will raise your center of gravity i believe. other than that none

here is the write up on the MORE body lift eddie did.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4709-1″-Body-Lift-Installation-Write-Up-for-a-Jeep-JK-Wrangler

Tranquillity

You could also POTENTIALLY run into shifter, transfer case, and parking brake linkage issues.

I do run the daystar urethane 1.25", it is perfect for cleaning thoroughly, especially for mud.

I had to buy a bracket for my shifter to fit. Otherwise you can't shift in 2,3,6 or rear. No need to cut your shift boot either.

No problem with my t case. Pretty easy to install solo in your driveway with some :beer:

You might find the "gap" annoying... To each their own and off course your center of gravity is lifted up.

2011 JKU, manual trans.

Bill S

I've had a body lift on for two years with no problems. It allows me to run bigger tires with my 2in. spacers. No problems with any linkages (auto trans).

Sent from my SCH-R830 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Millerj87

Ok so with a 1" body lift would I need to extend anything? Auto trans

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Reeza

I have a 1" body lift in my jk, no issues. I like it because it allows me to clear my 37s with only a small suspension lift and since it is lifting only the body, it keeps the centre of gravity down low and keeps the jeep more stable on the rocks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a 1" body lift in my jk, no issues. I like it because it allows me to clear my 37s with only a small suspension lift and since it is lifting only the body, it keeps the centre of gravity down low and keeps the jeep more stable on the rocks.

That makes zero sense.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I have installed and run a 1" body lift and if you're just looking for a bit more clearance under your factory flares, it'll do the job well. Of course, over time, I decided that trimming my fenders was a cheaper and better solution and, I have since removed the body lift. Also, it should be noted that raising the body up off the frame WILL RAISE your center of gravity, NOT lower it.

MNTN JK

2in suspension 1 in body no problems at all and easy to install.......

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131024_211419.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131024_211419.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom