Freedom Panels rattle/squeek?

pvanweelden

Is this common? Just put the hardtop on for the winter, and the freedom panels squeek and make really annoying sounds with any movement of the jeep. I have all latches secure, and the two knobs that tighten them down at the B pillar. Tried loosening those knobs, nothing seems to make it go away
Hardtop is fastened with two bolts at the B pillar, and the front and rear bolts each side in the back. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LJ_olllllllo

Mine does it too :/ I guess it's a common thing. It seems to be in the corners of the windshield

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rccrwlr

make sure all of the weather stripping is good with no rub holes

1979 Jeep CJ5 - RCCRWLR
2008 Jeep JKUR - JK LIG

pvanweelden

^ thanks, I checked the weatherstripping, it all looks good, but I will look further tomorrow. Another question- what is the purpose of the plastic 'hinge' on the freedom panel, right in front of the nutsert for the B pillar bolts? They flip open, and back.

^ thanks, I checked the weatherstripping, it all looks good, but I will look further tomorrow. Another question- what is the purpose of the plastic 'hinge' on the freedom panel, right in front of the nutsert for the B pillar bolts? They flip open, and back.

I would need a picture to understand. I am probably not thinking of the right one.

R/
Will

07JKSahara

You flip those up when you want to run just the front two freedom tops. It makes like a hard top bikini top. The two "flip down" pads compensate for the thickness you lose without the full top on. Hope this helps.

pvanweelden

^ yes, thank you, I never would have thought of running just the panels without the top :thumbup:

07JKSahara

^ yes, thank you, I never would have thought of running just the panels without the top :thumbup:

Saves a lot of cold hands in the mornings... If you blast the heat and lean forward a little you can survive low 50's until the day warms up. Unfortunately I speak from experience.

GuillaumeC91

You flip those up when you want to run just the front two freedom tops. It makes like a hard top bikini top. The two "flip down" pads compensate for the thickness you lose without the full top on. Hope this helps.

Omg! Now I know! I've always wondered about running only the front portion of the panels but I was scared they wouldn't be held down enough in the back. Thanks lol.

As for the squeaking, my hard top has been good all summer, but with the cold weather it started squeaking a bit too. Not too sure what could help.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

07JKSahara

Omg! Now I know! I've always wondered about running only the front portion of the panels but I was scared they wouldn't be held down enough in the back. Thanks lol.

As for the squeaking, my hard top has been good all summer, but with the cold weather it started squeaking a bit too. Not too sure what could help.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Make sure you use the bolt on the B pillar in the back. They are more important than ever. Its just them and the clips that tie in on the top of the windshield. It's good versatility for when the top is off though.

Top Bottom