Rear drive shaft

noroad

Ok so my adams drive shaft came in today for the rear, my question is do i need a puller to get the old OEM part off the diff or will a hammer do? I just dont want to be stuck when it was only a 30min job at most.

pastorwug

I don't think it can be done in 30 minutes unless you are a pro at it.
Installing a driveshaft is not just plug and play.
Search for the many threads on installing a driveshaft and play it safe, you could ruin your rear end by over torquing.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Ok so my adams drive shaft came in today for the rear, my question is do i need a puller to get the old OEM part off the diff or will a hammer do? I just dont want to be stuck when it was only a 30min job at most.

Yes you need a gear puller to remove the OEM flanges. I rented one from auto zone before I went and bought one. I agree with PastorWug it's not a 30 minute job. Make sure you torque it down correctly. It does take a while to remove the OEM DS that may take 30 minutes by itself.

sfrubicon

We used a rubber hammer on the one diff then an air hammer for me flange on the transfer case and they both popped right of

sfrubicon

Sorry the flange on the axle, we used a rubber hammer and then and air hammer on the transfer case flange which worked better

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah I used a dead blow on the axle flanges but needed a puller for the T-case. I bought one at auto zone for $30 I think.

Top Bottom