Flagpole, George Washington National Forest

Damtall55

I bought my Crush JKU back in February and have not done anything to it yet. I wanted to run it a few times off road and on the beach before I made any changes to it. Well, in May I did a New To Jeep Run at Flagpole located in the George Washington National Forest near Harrisonburg, VA. As soon as we got off the road and into the Forest, I become aware of the biggest smile I have ever had in my life. I was grinning from ear to ear and now I know that making this purchase back in February was the best thing I have ever done in my life with regards to a vehicle. I just wish I had done it 20 years ago, instead of now at 44. But as soon as I aired down and hit that first rock in 4 wheel high, I felt 24 again!! We had some great trails to run, lots of puddles and mud, a creek or two and an area of "steps" made of boulders. Not Rocky Mountain boulders, but the biggest rocks I have ever driven across. Did I mention I scraped bottom too?! Yes sir, scared the heck out of me, but the JKU is trail rated, so no big deal!! Anyway, this was one of many trips to come and I wanted to share my thrill with you!! Definitely made me feel like life is worth living and you are never too old to feel young!! I am sharing my favorite picture with you. My muddy crush with the GWNF in the background!!

4200Feet.jpg

Top Bottom