Evo bolt on or high clearance long arms

jeffj

Caught the Bug
If I could get some feedback on the differences between the two. I don't mind welding on my jeep. I just thought I heard the high clearance was for the lever system. But I thought Eddie has them on rubicat. So witch ones should I get. getEventually

Skid_Kid

The Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit is for the EVO lever. The EVO MFG Double D Bolt on Long Arm Upgrade is what you might be looking for. They are both $2299.99, I think this is where you might be confused.

ChaosNein

the difference is that the high clearance long arm kit welds onto the inside of the vehicle frame while the standard long arm welds (or bolts) to the underside of the frame just like the OEM control arms do.

the high clearance is going to give you, well better ground clearance while wheeling and the standard long arm will give you better performance on the highway and at higher speeds.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
I don't think the high clearance kit is exclusive to the evo lever system, but rather it is required for the evo lever. So you could run it with bolt on CO's or with traditional shocks and springs. This my understanding, but I may be wrong

ChaosNein

I don't think the high clearance kit is exclusive to the evo lever system, but rather it is required for the evo lever. So you could run it with bolt on CO's or with traditional shocks and springs. This my understanding, but I may be wrong

this is correct. you can run it either way with the LCG Bolt-On system

EDIT:

BUILDER NOTE - While it has been mentioned a number of times on many different threads as well as THIS thread, its seems I must clarify. While the EVO MFG High Clearance Long Arm kit will work with the EVO MFG LCG Bolt-On Coil-Over kit, it does remove the REAR LOWER SHOCK Mount to allow for the HIGH CLEARANCE Axle Side Lower Control Arm Mount, so in order for ANY shock to be mounted to the axle while using the EVO MFG High Clearance Long Arm kit, a NEW REAR LOWER SHOCK Mount will NEED to be Fabricated. This is NOT a part that neither EVO MFG nor OFF ROAD EVOLUTION make or will provide.

Last edited:

jeffj

Caught the Bug
drew@offroadevolution said:
this is correct. you can run it either way with the LCG Bolt-On system

This answers a lot of my questions. I do like the idea of high clearance for the trails but can anyone tell me is there a big difference on the road between the two. I guess it's because the bolt on arms lay more level than the high clearance.

ChaosNein

This answers a lot of my questions. I do like the idea of high clearance for the trails but can anyone tell me is there a big difference on the road between the two. I guess it's because the bolt on arms lay more level than the high clearance.

the "standard" mount location long arm is going to give you a little better "on highway" ride vs. the high clearance location.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
drew@offroadevolution said:
the "standard" mount location long arm is going to give you a little better "on highway" ride vs. the high clearance location.

Do the standard mount locations hang lower than the stock mounts? It's hard to tell by the pictures.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Do the standard mount locations hang lower than the stock mounts? It's hard to tell by the pictures.

They are more forward in front of the tire so I have noticed mine getting hung up on the mounts more than they did stock. I am going to have EVO install the high clearance brackets next spring.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Jkzinger said:
They are more forward in front of the tire so I have noticed mine getting hung up on the mounts more than they did stock. I am going to have EVO install the high clearance brackets next spring.

Good info, thanks everyone for the input!!

jeffj

Caught the Bug
One more question and I think I'll be done. With the high clearance do you use the raised brackets on the rear axel or can you use the stock brackets.

rtguy1

One more question and I think I'll be done. With the high clearance do you use the raised brackets on the rear axel or can you use the stock brackets.

new brackets will be required at the rear axle. the bracket required will also depend on whether you are running coilover, lever, etc...

Top Bottom