Balancing Beads

Damtall55

Has anyone here ever used balancing beads or Dyna Beads in their tires for balancing? I know that once I start to regurlay off road, there is a chance of taking off the weights when the tires are balanced. So I am trying to think of ways to balance tires without weights. Someone even suggested anti-freeze in the tires. Ever hear of that? Yikes!! Thanks!! :standing wave:

Prime8

Tried airsoft bb's. Didn't work with the tpms sensors. They are shaped like paddles and hit the balls around, instead of allowing them to flow around well inside the tire. Caused balance issues and I immediately removed. It was a huge pain in the ass considering I have beadlocks...

StrizzyChris

Has anyone here ever used balancing beads or Dyna Beads in their tires for balancing? I know that once I start to regurlay off road, there is a chance of taking off the weights when the tires are balanced. So I am trying to think of ways to balance tires without weights. Someone even suggested anti-freeze in the tires. Ever hear of that? Yikes!! Thanks!! :standing wave:
Yeah, i have read about BB's with antifreeze. If u have a beater set of wheels and this is a trail rig, i would go this route. BUT if u spent a couple grand on wheels and this is a daily driver, why skimp on the balancing? I was amazed to hear from WOL that his Toyos didn't require any balancing. Im hoping for the same luck with mine

Vudoo1

I have a buddy that runs BB's with Anti-Freeze in his old bronco. It's not his daily driver so no issues for him. I think the anti-freeze keeps the BB's from sticking and rusting.

I have the Dyna Beads in my ATX Slabs and Nitto Trail Grapplers. I installed my tires and beadlocks at home so I figured I give the Dyna Beads a shot.The Dyna Beads work well however you do notice that sometimes the tires do wobble a bit when you hit a bump or something. It's not bad but it's a little annoying. My next set of tires/rims I will go with traditional balacing. Don't get me wrong, the beads work just fine but they do not work as well as the old school balancing.

Top Bottom