Stock Rock Sliders protrude too much, opinions?

Sourek

Hey guys, just threw up a 2.5" lift with 35's on my 2014 Rubicon. After the upgrades were finished I noticed that the stock rock sliders protrude a bit too much in the back and I think my tires will hit them if the wheels begin to flex.

Was wondering opinions. Should I get a shop to chop off the excess piece or should i just go ahead and replace them completely. Here is a pic of what I'm talking about... image (4).jpg

Attachments

• image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 142

Sourek

You can pull the plastic plug and cut them and reinstall plug

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought that would be the cheapest and fastest way also. Not sure if I need to take it to a body shop, a mechanic, or someone that works with steel.

GCM 2

Was thinking about using the AEV touch up spray paint they sell.

Don't bother, Rustoleum is all you need and it's available everywhere. Typically for most applications, Satin Black is what you want, the flat black is too flat and looks like old dried plastic.

Edit: just looked at your photos again, you may also want to try a textured paint like Duplicolor's Spray on truck bed liner.

Sourek

When I first put 35's on I cut them to the body. But when I put 37's on I had to remove them to cut them even shorter

Do you have a pic of what they look like now? Did you have the slider with the little tube step, or just the flat slider.

Do you have a pic of what they look like now? Did you have the slider with the little tube step, or just the flat slider.

I have the flat rubi sliders but also have the ace rock sliders that go over the stock sliders. The ace rock sliders are shorter then the stock ones so I just took off the rubi sliders and cut them the same length. My wife is gone in the jeep right now I can take a pic when she gets home if you would like

jeepwelder

I am getting ready to cut my rails also would like to see some pics of it done. I think I'll take them off and cut them.

Top Bottom