RubiCAT on the Rocks - Showing off the new EVO Bolt-On Coilovers

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
A couple days ago, we finally got a chance to head out to the desert and really give RubiCAT with her new EVO Bolt-On Coilover System and Nitto Trail Grapplers, a good test out on the rocks. :yup: Aside from Moab, she hasn't had much of a chance to play out on our local trails and, we felt it was time to fix that! :thumb: While it was just a short run, we had a lot of fun and was really impressed with what our RubiCAT could do. Here are some pics from our trip...

The new rear EVO Bolt-On Coilovers in action along with the Nitto Trail Grapplers...they sure did grip the rocks!
main.php

The new front EVO Bolt-On Coilovers flexing :)
main.php

main.php

Here's a shot of the rear flexing out...
main.php

main.php

A few more shots of RubiCAT flexing on the trail...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

The performance of both the new EVO Bolt-On Coilover System and the Nitto Trail Grapplers absolutely rock and we love it! The tires did a great job of sticking to the rocks and the EVO flex allowed us to keep all four on the floor. RubiCAT literally crawled over everything and we can't wait to get back out and do it again! :cool:

Prime8

Awesome photos, and awesome jeep! What is the base suspension you are running on Rubicat? I know you have the bolt on coilovers, but what about the other lift components like arms, track bar, etc...?

Prime8

Speaking of which, is there a list of all the build components on Rubicat? It is modded very much like I want mine to be set up, come September/October when they're released. I'd love to peep your list and kind of copy some things... :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy posted this up back in March...

Details
Name
Unit Price
Quantity
Total
Select
AX756
AX756 17" SLAB
$312.00
$1560.00
EVO-ARMOR-SLIDERS
EVO MFG(3) Armor Rock Sliders
$469.99
$469.99
Type:
- 4 Door
-
-
Options:
- Textured Black Powdercoat
$75.00
$75.00
EVO-ROCKSKINS
EVO MFG(4) Rock Skins JK Rocker Panel Protection
$219.99
$219.99
JK Model:
- 4 Door
$40.00
$40.00
EVO-PROTEK
EVO MFG(5) ProTeK Skid System for 2012 Jeep JK Wranglers
$399.99
$399.99
Tranmission Type:
- Auto Trans.
-
-
EVO-AXLEGUSSETS
EVO MFG C2 Axle Gussets
$60.00
$60.00
EVO-LONGARM-UPGRADE
EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit for EVOLever equipped JK's
$2299.99
$2299.99
EVO-BUMPER-FRONT
EVO MFG(1) 1/4 Pounder Front JK Bumper
$399.99
$399.99
EVO-REV-STINGER
EVO MFG(2) Revolution Stinger
$249.99
$249.99
NITTO 37" TRAIL GRAPPLERS
$366.00
$1830.00
LOD REAR BUMPER TIRE CARRIER
$1600.00
TRUCK-LITE LED HEADLIGHTS
$589.00
WARN POWERPLANT WINCH
$1599.99
JE REEL 1350 DRIVESHAFTS
Front and Rear
$680
$1360.00
Grand Total:
$12,753.93

You can see the whole build with pics here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?607-RubiCAT-Gettin-EVO-d-UP!!

Prime8

After reading the build sheet, I am confused... you have the "EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit for EVOLever equipped JK's" listed, but what about the actual lift itself? Isn't this just an upgrade kit for an existing lift kit, or is that $2299 package all i need for the brackets, arms, track bar, etc?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After reading the build sheet, I am confused... you have the "EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit for EVOLever equipped JK's" listed, but what about the actual lift itself? Isn't this just an upgrade kit for an existing lift kit, or is that $2299 package all i need for the brackets, arms, track bar, etc?

the actual lift comes from the coilovers. the long arm kit is everything minus the coils and shocks. you don't need the long arm kit to install the bolt on coilover kit but, it sure make it a perfect and complete kit. :yup:

Prime8

the actual lift comes from the coilovers. the long arm kit is everything minus the coils and shocks. you don't need the long arm kit to install the bolt on coilover kit but, it sure make it a perfect and complete kit. :yup:

ok, so to be clear.... I can just get that "EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit for EVOLever equipped JK's" and the bolt-on coilovers, to have a complete set up? I don't need anything else? Do I also need to buy the EVOLever? Would I be better off with that setup instead of the Double D setup?

DA RUNT

Nice pictures as always, love the flex too. I turned in a similar build sheet to my CFO (Chief financial officer a.k.a. Mary the wifey) and it got denied! :mad:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok, so to be clear.... I can just get that "EVO MFG(4) Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit for EVOLever equipped JK's" and the bolt-on coilovers, to have a complete set up? I don't need anything else? Do I also need to buy the EVOLever? Would I be better off with that setup instead of the Double D setup?

what we have is essentially the double d kit with the new bolt on coilover system. this allowed us to get all the long arm brackets, long arms, track bar relocation brackets, draglink flip, longer sway bar links, bumps stops and longer brakelines. the only difference is that we opted to get the rear high clearance control arm brackets which do require welding. this is not something that is normally sold but, i know that evo would be willing to do the same for you if you requested it. you just need to know that it will require welding. the evolever is a kit all in and of itself and used with the double throwdown - you will NOT need it.

so you know, the new bolt on coilover kit will work with just about any short or long arm kit. the coilovers simply replace your coils and shocks. well, that and give you all kinds of amazing flex and ride quality. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
are the tires noisy on the road at high speeds?

all MT's make some noise and, some more than others. these are on the quieter side but, at highway speeds, they will sing a little. nothing too bad though. like any MT, make sure to rotate them frequently and they will stay on the quiet side. wait too long and they will be really loud.

DA RUNT

so you know, the new bolt on coilover kit will work with just about any short or long arm kit. the coilovers simply replace your coils and shocks. well, that and give you all kinds of amazing flex and ride quality. :D

Would you happen to know if they will work with the 2.5 max travel system from RK? Or are they designed for more lift?

Prime8

wayoflife said:
what we have is essentially the double d kit with the new bolt on coilover system. this allowed us to get all the long arm brackets, long arms, track bar relocation brackets, draglink flip, longer sway bar links, bumps stops and longer brakelines. the only difference is that we opted to get the rear high clearance control arm brackets which do require welding. this is not something that is normally sold but, i know that evo would be willing to do the same for you if you requested it. you just need to know that it will require welding. the evolever is a kit all in and of itself and used with the double throwdown - you will NOT need it.

Just spoke with Chris at EVO MFG and he straightened me out... Not confused anymore! Great guy to talk to.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
DA RUNT said:
Would you happen to know if they will work with the 2.5 max travel system from RK? Or are they designed for more lift?

You can technically run them with factory arms and set your ride height to about 2.5". If your RK kit comes with adjustable arms and track bars, you would be able to use them and to your benefit.

Top Bottom