Evo Sliders?

Capita

How much space is there between the body and slider? everyone seems to weld the bases in line with the bottom of the frame, can you weld them higher? What's the weight of each? Any problems with elements getting in the logo and rusting out?
evo.jpg

GCM 2

How much space is there between the body and slider? everyone seems to weld the bases in line with the bottom of the frame, can you weld them higher? What's the weight of each? Any problems with elements getting in the logo and rusting out?

-If you are running the EVO rock skins in conjunction with the EVO sliders there is just enough room to slip your fingers between the top tubing and the rock skin. There's also enough room to slip a recovery strap through.......should you ever need too, just saying

image-2711203447.jpg

-I'm not sure why you would want them running higher than they are intended :thinking: and I really don't think it's possible without completely modifying the sliders design. In fact the only other option that occasionally gets done to a set is when customers ask to have the uprights on the slider welded in a more flat position to provide more of a step, but this in turn makes the profile of the slider wider.

-The weight? Not sure, maybe EVO/Off Road Evolution Chris or Drew can get an exact weight. I know they are freaking heavy, and practically indestructible. Mine have survived nearly Apocolyptic conditions.

-Judging by your location, you do probably have some concern for the inside of the logo/gusset area to get pretty nasty. I would suggest trying to spray the inside with rust inhibitor spray paint. I make it a point to blast some water pressure in mine to clean it out every so often, then mist a little WD-40 in there.

Capita

Thanks. You sold me at "apocalyptic conditions". I suppose you could drill a drain hole at the bottom of the logo plate.

GCM 2

Thanks. You sold me at "apocalyptic conditions". I suppose you could drill a drain hole at the bottom of the logo plate.

Brother, I have run at least 5, maybe 6 different brands of sliders. Call me an 'EVO fanboy', call me a sheep following the EVO crowd, call me a 'sponsored by EVO' home skillet.... But what you won't call me is the guy with damage, bent and crushed sills on my jeep. Best sliders ever, in the history of rock sliders dating back to 1837.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If getting gunk in there is a big worry, you could always fill the void with expanding foam insulation, let it dry, then sand/cut the excess out. Then you could paint the foam with a different color so the "EVO" still showed up. Not a perfect solution but you get the idea.

Capita

If getting gunk in there is a big worry, you could always fill the void with expanding foam insulation, let it dry, then sand/cut the excess out. Then you could paint the foam with a different color so the "EVO" still showed up. Not a perfect solution but you get the idea.

Thanks for the replies. The spray foam is a good idea.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
After seeing this, I think I may try the eastwood internal frame coating, if the nozzle will fit inside. Cant really help with the weight part, but I think my ups shipping for my set says they are 60lb and one box.

dhughes

Banned
I just looked at my shipping info and it was listed at 90 pounds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Brother, I have run at least 5, maybe 6 different brands of sliders. Call me an 'EVO fanboy', call me a sheep following the EVO crowd, call me a 'sponsored by EVO' home skillet.... But what you won't call me is the guy with damage, bent and crushed sills on my jeep. Best sliders ever, in the history of rock sliders dating back to 1837.

Whoa! Now that is legit....
:beer:

Top Bottom