Limited slip front diff?

Ed Lapadura

Can you run a limited slip in the front diff? Or does it have to be an air/elec locker? I have a 2014 JKU sport and would like both front wheels to pull. Any good advice?

TheDuff

I personally have not run a lsd up front, but can tell u on the street it won't matter. I don't see any reason why it would be bad offroad. A locker would of course be better. I saw a company at the offroad expo that has 2 in 1 units (locker and lsd) I don't have the name handy, but I have the flyer from their booth at home somewhere.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Having a lsd (lunchbox) locker in the front on a daily driver can be a little interesting at times, depending on your climate. Since you are in Florida, you could probably do it, and never even notice it on the road.
With Snow however, the locker in the front will make your jeep tend to 'plow' through the snow more often. It takes some getting used to, but alot of people do it. I did it for years in Iowa with my TJ.
You will notice some clicking when turning onroad, some lockers are louder than others.

A selectable (air, electric or cable) is the best choice, but it is also the most expensive choice.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
I limited slip is not the same as a lunchbox locker. But your surmise regarding snow is correct for a lunchbox locker, but not a limited slip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom