lifting without end links

NHAkita

I ordered new springs to level my 2012 JKU but I have not found the sway bar end links that I want yet. I am looking for solid end links of a specific length and am not having much luck. Are there any long term negatives to temporarily installing the springs without the correct length end links? The leveling springs will lift the front by 2 inches and the rear 1 inch. I don't think it will damage anything but will make the sway bar less affective. Is this a true assumption? I also am looking at extended bump stops... Why would I want to limit the down travel with the bump stops? Will the longer springs compress to the extent that they stress? The suspension can't bottom out the shocks since they work with the stock. Did I miss something?
Thanks guys.
Paul

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
NHAkita said:
I ordered new springs to level my 2012 JKU but I have not found the sway bar end links that I want yet. I am looking for solid end links of a specific length and am not having much luck. Are there any long term negatives to temporarily installing the springs without the correct length end links? The leveling springs will lift the front by 2 inches and the rear 1 inch. I don't think it will damage anything but will make the sway bar less affective. Is this a true assumption?

You will be fine running short links so long as you don't flex your jeep on the trail. If you want, you can install your factory rear links up front and just get a set of longer rear links for the rear.

I also am looking at extended bump stops... Why would I want to limit the down travel with the bump stops? Will the longer springs compress to the extent that they stress? The suspension can't bottom out the shocks since they work with the stock. Did I miss something?
Thanks guys.
Paul

Bump stops will limit "up travel" not down. They are really to help prevent the over compression of your coils but have the added benefit of preventing rub of your fenders. Proper size shocks will not bottom out.

Top Bottom