Bedliner kit?

I am planning to get some skins in the near future and was looking into buying a spray on bedliner kit to coat them with. I also have fender wells to coat as well. What kit is durable enough for my needs at a reasonable price? Buying the rusto cans isnt really an option as I have several pieces to coat.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

FuriousDz

X2 on the spray liner, I've seen a bunch of people use them and be happy with them.

If you re really against it you could probably take your skins to a shop that does it and it wouldn't be much for them to hang them and spray them since there is basically no prep involved

I know you said its not an option but I would still do spray cans. It's easier to touch up.

I'm sortof looking at the cost of all the individual cans involved. I'm also looking at the logistics of it, I'm only home 4 days out of the month and having to use a shop wont leave me much time for install. Unfortunately, my mods have to always be thrown together in a hurry because of my time constraints. Does the can method lay fairly even without the rattlecan striping ?

RedFox

I have used raptor liner on some armor and once fully cured it's tough! Plus you can get a kit on amazon with spray gun, all u need is an air line and compressor. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383070896.715225.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383070932.049285.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383070962.882687.jpg

Kneece

X2 for the Raptor. You can usually get a whole set up with sprayer and liner for $190.

Sent by Pony Express

Well, Red? Since I'm getting the same skins and carrier and yours are already done...:D. Those did turn out nice though.

Another question I have about both methods is temperature and climate. The damp/cold season will be coming to my house before too long. Will i need to be in a heated space for it to cure?

RedFox

Thanks, I do love how it looks apposed to regular powder coat and it is hard as hell. As far as temperature goes, I will have to double check when I get home tomorrow. I have a box of the stuff sitting in my driveway for when I do my interior, so I'll let you know what the temperature recommendation is; however, being that you're in Cali like me, you should be fine if you do it sooner rather than later when it really starts to get cold. I don't see morning moisture being a problem as long as you keep it dry away from rain.
To apply it I used a little 6gallon porter cable pancake compressor. Worked flawlessly. Depending on the psi you set it (recommended between 40 and 60) you will either get a smoother or rougher texture, as well as the distance you are spraying from. To put them on: get them installed, remove, paint, re install. That's it. I used a whole kit, 4 bottles, on the skins and carrier. It's on there pretty thick!

RedFox

Oh, and it doesn't mention heat for curing, just time. I think it's 1 hour in between coats, as many coats, and 24 hour cure for light duty, 1 week for normal duty, 2 weeks for heavy duty use. I installed everything after 2 or 3 days and was ok. Don't quote me on the specific times, it's just a guess. Once you get the kit it comes with an easy start to finish guide. I got mine from amazon for 115 on amazon and came with gun, 4 bottles, hardener. I think it's cheaper now

Oh, and it doesn't mention heat for curing, just time. I think it's 1 hour in between coats, as many coats, and 24 hour cure for light duty, 1 week for normal duty, 2 weeks for heavy duty use. I installed everything after 2 or 3 days and was ok. Don't quote me on the specific times, it's just a guess. Once you get the kit it comes with an easy start to finish guide. I got mine from amazon for 115 on amazon and came with gun, 4 bottles, hardener. I think it's cheaper now

Found it on ebay for $109. For as much stuff as I need to coat, I'm thinking it might be a more efficient way to go.

Top Bottom