2012 jeep gears

jktubby

I am looking into getting some 35" tires on my 2012 jeep, however the gears in my jeep are 3.21. With that said i need to upgrade. I have been searching around for a while now, but can not find 4.10s. Is there a website that sells them. I did find 4.56 but not 4.10s, would i have to get the 4.1s from a dealer? i wouldnt mind gettin 4.56s tho since i might upgrade to 37s later on in the future. Any help though with finding 4.10s? thanks guys.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I am looking into getting some 35" tires on my 2012 jeep, however the gears in my jeep are 3.21. With that said i need to upgrade. I have been searching around for a while now, but can not find 4.10s. Is there a website that sells them. I did find 4.56 but not 4.10s, would i have to get the 4.1s from a dealer? i wouldnt mind gettin 4.56s tho since i might upgrade to 37s later on in the future. Any help though with finding 4.10s? thanks guys.

I would be it still does very good with 3.21 gears and 35's. I'm running 37's and 4:10's with no complaints...

SoCalDozer

driveoffroad.com sells the 4.10's they are more expensive than the higher ratios though.
front part# d30410rjk
rear part# d44410jk

jktubby

chris, maybe i should try it on 3.21s right now. my brother has 35" tires i can just swap them and test them out.

jktubby

driveoffroad.com sells the 4.10's they are more expensive than the higher ratios though.
front part# d30410rjk
rear part# d44410jk

thanks hmmm the 4.10s are a little higher priced looks like 600 for the ring and pinion. 4.56s i can get for 468. Any pros and cons with a higher gear?

jktubby

This has a nice chart under the Axles, Gears & Drivetrain section that covers the 3.6 and 3.8 engines. Very useful info, but just run with what ya got and see how you like it. If you don't like it, follow this guide and make adjustments.

http://www.jk-forum.com/modified-jk...-questions-every-newbie-has-18617/#post211276

ya i been looking at that chart for quite sometime. i might just try it with the 3.21 and then i can go from there :). i think my brothers has 5.38 gears, but his is a 3.8L 6 speed. so i can go from there too looking at the similar rpm at 70mph. looks like if i want the same drive as my bro i'd have to go with a 5.13. But 4.10s are still in the green and 4.56 is green close to blue so its all good which ever route i go. :rock:

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
ya i been looking at that chart for quite sometime. i might just try it with the 3.21 and then i can go from there :). i think my brothers has 5.38 gears, but his is a 3.8L 6 speed. so i can go from there too looking at the similar rpm at 70mph. looks like if i want the same drive as my bro i'd have to go with a 5.13. But 4.10s are still in the green and 4.56 is green close to blue so its all good which ever route i go. :rock:

you really can not compare the old 3.8 to the 3.6

I had 5.13s with 37's in my 3.8, I now run 4.10's in my 3.6. I'm happier with the 4.10's than i ever was with the old motor

Vudoo1

Not to hijack the thread or take it off topic but would he be able to use 4.10 gears out of a 2012 Rubicon?

DA RUNT

Not to hijack the thread or take it off topic but would he be able to use 4.10 gears out of a 2012 Rubicon?

If i'm not mistaken i believe the rubicon gears are thicker. I know when i look at different websites that offer gears there is always a seperate selection for rubicon specific diffs.

DA RUNT

you really can not compare the old 3.8 to the 3.6

I had 5.13s with 37's in my 3.8, I now run 4.10's in my 3.6. I'm happier with the 4.10's than i ever was with the old motor

Good to know Chris, I'm lookin to go with 35's and didn't wanna regear. :naw:

Vudoo1

Ah okay, I was going to ask if he could wait until I regeared. I could have offered the 4.10 rubicon gears but it doesn't sound like it would be possible. Thank you for the reply.

If i'm not mistaken i believe the rubicon gears are thicker. I know when i look at different websites that offer gears there is always a seperate selection for rubicon specific diffs.

ichthus

Yeah, technically, he could use the rear, then buy new front gears.

(something I'd be interested in doing, if they're available)

jktubby

would gears for a rubicon dana 44 fit in my rear dana 44. I found 4.10 gears for sale here locally.

ichthus

Haven't tried it, but I've heard of others do exactly that. Just don't forget that you'll have to buy some 4.10's for the front

Damtall55

2012 JK Unlimited Sport

I have the JKU Sport Automatic with 3.73's. I was thinking about going with 35's and asked someone local for some help. He suggested that I go with 4.88 or 5.13 with my JKU Sport. Like I said, it is an automatic, with the stick shift option. I believe they call it the Auto-Stick or something like that. Reading this thread, I am wondering who is right and who is wrong. Can someone give me an honest opinion here without letting pride get involved? Thanks a lot!! :idontknow:

mrmike

Damtall55 said:
I have the JKU Sport Automatic with 3.73's. I was thinking about going with 35's and asked someone local for some help. He suggested that I go with 4.88 or 5.13 with my JKU Sport. Like I said, it is an automatic, with the stick shift option. I believe they call it the Auto-Stick or something like that. Reading this thread, I am wondering who is right and who is wrong. Can someone give me an honest opinion here without letting pride get involved? Thanks a lot!! :idontknow:

4.88 and up are unnecessary on the 2012. I have 2012 JKU rubicon and the 4.10 are stock. It drives fine with 35" tires. I probably wont ever re-gear. Just lock in a gear with the tranny and let her rev. If you do a lot of freeway with grades the 4.56 may be better. That's the only time I feel it.

Top Bottom