Engine Code P2245? O2 Sensor 1/1

MurderedJK

Need some Help! Engine Code P2245? O2 Sensor 1/1

I have a 2011 JKU and just recently got a superchips tuner. Well I have since gotten a P2245 DTC which is "O2 Sensor 1/1 Reference Voltage Circuit Low." I have searched and searched for which O2 sensor this may be but, no luck. If I return my rig back to stock mode, the DTC will be cleared and the dealership wont do anything. If I leave the tuning to keep the code, the dealership may have an issue that I have a superchips tuner installed... I do most of the repairs myself, but I have not been able to figure out which sensor is throwing this code...

Please help guys.

Attachments

• IMG_3137.jpg
    IMG_3137.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Skid_Kid

I would return back to stock and see if you get a check eng light. If not then install your superchips again and see if it comes back.

Sent from my PRC-119

MurderedJK

I would return back to stock and see if you get a check eng light. If not then install your superchips again and see if it comes back.

Sent from my PRC-119

Smart man! I returned it back to stock and within 5 mins of driving I threw a code. Now I just have to wait until Friday to take it into the dealership. Thanks!

MurderedJK

Here is my next question... Is it normal for O2 sensors to go bad so soon? I just rolled 30K, or would my tuner be a factor..?

Skid_Kid

Here is my next question... Is it normal for O2 sensors to go bad so soon? I just rolled 30K, or would my tuner be a factor..?

It is a wear part really. Heat is the biggest factor. So if your tuner is causing your eng to run a bit hotter then it could have been the cause. Always make sure you are changing your oil on time and use good gas. The use of proper fuel will have less blowby gathering on your 02 sensor.

MurderedJK

It is a wear part really. Heat is the biggest factor. So if your tuner is causing your eng to run a bit hotter then it could have been the cause. Always make sure you are changing your oil on time and use good gas. The use of proper fuel will have less blowby gathering on your 02 sensor.

I have an Aeroforce multi gauge and I have not noticed any increase in temps (trans/engine)... I use Shell fuel and I change my oil every 4k. I'll get the dealer to replace the sensor and hope this doesn't happen again otherwise I would assume its the tuner (I hope not, I love the added power). Thanks for your help Skid_Kid!

Skid_Kid

I have an Aeroforce multi gauge and I have not noticed any increase in temps (trans/engine)... I use Shell fuel and I change my oil every 4k. I'll get the dealer to replace the sensor and hope this doesn't happen again otherwise I would assume its the tuner (I hope not, I love the added power). Thanks for your help Skid_Kid!

Not a problem!

Sent from my PRC-119

RockyJk

I have a 2011 JKU and just recently got a superchips tuner. Well I have since gotten a P2245 DTC which is "O2 Sensor 1/1 Reference Voltage Circuit Low." I have searched and searched for which O2 sensor this may be but, no luck. If I return my rig back to stock mode, the DTC will be cleared and the dealership wont do anything. If I leave the tuning to keep the code, the dealership may have an issue that I have a superchips tuner installed... I do most of the repairs myself, but I have not been able to figure out which sensor is throwing this code...

Please help guys.

"O2 sensor 1/1" I think that would be sensor 1 on bank 1 so the first sensor before the cat on the head with cylinder #1

MurderedJK

Very good. That makes sense, I'll have to ask the guys at the dealership when I see them Friday. Thanks man.

Sent via my free government phone from my government subsidized home. Off to make another baby to bring home another 1K of welfare!

Top Bottom