Ready to upgrade help!!!!

Ok ready to upgrade from my straight stock. Jku sport to something that does this jeep.justice. the little tires that the sport comes with are not working out. Looking at Nittos 17'' rims?? Small lift looking for a good place for install also maybe discount tire. This is my daily driver but I live in a place where snow dirt Mud are every day life please any info first jeep owner. 1383183941883.jpg

When I purchased my JKUS it had 32 inch tires on it with the stock lift. Since you use your Jeep as a DD road noise is going to be a factor. When the time comes for new tires I will be going with either the NITTO Trail Grapplers or Toyo Open Country MT's. Both have great road manners and do not have a lot of road noise. If you get the metric 295/70/R17 which is 33.3 inches tall. This is taken from the Discount Tire website.

Hope this helps.

R/
Will

rtguy1

Maybe a 2.5" kit and some 35's. aev 2.5" kit is pretty good and will easily fit 35's. you can easily install this kit yourself in less than a day as well. if yah want more lift maybe an evo enforcer with 3" coils will work for you. If you want more lift than that you can go to the 4" coils with the evo kit but that would really be the choice if you want 37's. 17's are the best choice for the jk. Lots of choices out there too. Goodyear duratracs are real popular with the guys running in snow year around, but not that great for the rocks. My Nitto trail grapplers have been great but haven't had em on ice or snow yet so can't really comment there

Tackerdown

Banned
When I purchased my JKUS it had 32 inch tires on it with the stock lift. Since you use your Jeep as a DD road noise is going to be a factor. When the time comes for new tires I will be going with either the NITTO Trail Grapplers or Toyo Open Country MT's. Both have great road manners and do not have a lot of road noise. If you get the metric 295/70/R17 which is 33.3 inches tall. This is taken from the Discount Tire website.

Hope this helps.

R/
Will

I'd like to add to this. I went from the 255/75/17 stock Rubi M/T to the Nittos trail grappler and I think they are quieter. As for how they handle I haven't noticed any tracking but they are quite responsive. 315 70 17
Are the size I'm talking about. I have a 2.5 front 2 rear puck spacer lift and no rubbing exept the front air dam thing that I trimmed with a knife. uploadfromtaptalk1383219872543.jpg
Tom

Top Bottom