Another lift question

rodgerdathug

Well don't know how to word this in search.
I would like to do a lift 2.5 seem like what I would like for now but feel 3 in will be my final goal (like the enforcer or synergy). I see the synergy has it so you can by individual parts. I guess what I am trying to say is there a way to save money going from a 2.5 to 3 inch without dropping another 2 grand for a 3 inch kit(just out of the army and going to school being broke suck) hope someone understand my dumb question. Any help would be great

Living it one day at a time
FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just swap the coils and possibly shocks later on. Hinrich had the teraflex 2.5" lift kit for a while now and just recently swapped his coils for the 3" plush ride coils (same coils in the enforcer lift). He will swap to longer shocks soon so he can get the amount of droop he wants back. His shocks are to short currently now

Sent from my iPhone

turbineguy

Well don't know how to word this in search.
I would like to do a lift 2.5 seem like what I would like for now but feel 3 in will be my final goal (like the enforcer or synergy). I see the synergy has it so you can by individual parts. I guess what I am trying to say is there a way to save money going from a 2.5 to 3 inch without dropping another 2 grand for a 3 inch kit(just out of the army and going to school being broke suck) hope someone understand my dumb question. Any help would be great

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

The only difference between a 3" lift and a 2.5" lift in most cases is the coils and the length of the control arms. I'm not quite sure why you wouldn't just start out with a 3" lift. To tell the truth given all the variation in weights, any given mfrs lift is going to vary anyway. A 3" lift could net you 4" if your jeep was light enough.

Or if you got a 2.5 lift and want an inch of clearance later, just add some 1" puck/ coil spacers.

I added spacers on my front 3" lift just to level things out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok siding towards 3in lift good starting point. Looking at full traction 3in long arm. Reason why it seem to be strong kit and if I decided I need more lift it wouldn't be much more work just spring right? Anyone run these kits thanks Rodger
http://www.full-traction.com/products-page/jk/3-0-long-arm-jk-wranglerrubicon-24-door/

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

While the FT 3" long arm kit is a great kit, it's far from needed if all you want is a 3" lift and way more expensive than what you were trying to go for with a 2.5"/3" lift. :idontknow:

At 3" of lift, the biggest difference you will see in a good kit over a basic 2.5" lift is taller coils, longer shocks, longer brake lines in the rear, sometimes longer sway bar links and adjustable front lower control arms so that you can set your caster. What you should look into getting is a new u-joint style front drive shaft if you have an automatic or a 2012-up JK and a rear one with adjustable rear upper control arms if you have a 2-door. That's about it.

Top Bottom