Water behind dash after rain?

mpd295

After the last two hard rains I have found water in the driver's side floorboard and on the lip on that side of the center console. The first time I couldn't figure out how it got there but this time I found a bunch of water behind the dash the center and on everything up above. I have a 2013 JK that I bought new. Is it possibly coming in somewhere down the hole beside the wiper motor under the hood? If anyone has dealt with issue and can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

stareyes13

Had the exact same thing happen to my 2013. Take it to the dealer and have them take a look at the cowling (not sure I spelled that correctly) that's where my water came from. They did some adjustment/sealing and all is well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hohertz

Thanks I'm glad to know know someone else had same issue as me and is a simple fix.

Were you able to get it fixed? I just noticed my floorboard on my driver's side is soaked but haven't really pinpointed where it's coming from. We've had alot of heavy rains recently so I'm thinking it could be coming from the cowl part of the hood. Thanks!

Patrfamilias

Just take the top off... Then you'll know exactly where it's coming from!

Just kidding... next time it rains, tape tissue paper up high all around under the dash so you can narrow it down.

Angry Aussie

Had the exact same thing happen to my 2013. Take it to the dealer and have them take a look at the cowling (not sure I spelled that correctly) that's where my water came from. They did some adjustment/sealing and all is well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

This happened to me as well in my brand new 2012. It was leaking at the cowling or however you spell that. Take it to the dealer make them fix it and I made them replace all of my carpet cause it smelled so bad. They had mine for 5 days before it was fully fixed. But they did fix it at no cost to me. It's a huge pain in the ass sorry it's happened to you too, but the stealership will fix it. And once it's fixed it won't ever happen again. At least mine hasn't leaked again.

Top Bottom