Which Trackbar with flip kit?

CerOf

Trackbar tracbar trac bar track bar panhardbar panhard rod

Okay, I must suck at the internet and forum searching; however, I'm trying to figure out what trackbar to go with. (Search terms added to maybe help someone else.)

My rig: 09 JKU with AEV 3.5 with their flip kit. It utilized stock trackbar. Just started with DW. I've narrowed down to what I believe is the TB.

I can pick up a new/used OEM for $50 locally but if there is one stronger I should consider I don't mind spending the coin.

On my past Grands, I ran JKS.

I'm not really brand loyal. If adjustable, it must be configurable for stock length because of the flip kit.

I sure thank you guys for your advice.

silverbackjk

Okay, I must suck at the internet and forum searching; however, I'm trying to figure out what trackbar to go with. (Search terms added to maybe help someone else.)

My rig: 09 JKU with AEV 3.5 with their flip kit. It utilized stock trackbar. Just started with DW. I've narrowed down to what I believe is the TB.

I can pick up a new/used OEM for $50 locally but if there is one stronger I should consider I don't mind spending the coin.

I'm not really brand loyal. If adjustable, it must be configurable for stock length because of the flip kit.

I would just stick with a factory one. No need to waste a couple hundred in a adjustable when not needed. The factory trac bar is strong enough.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bonedoc

I'm running Rock Krawler. Have their ultimate steering kit which is their draglink flip, heavy duty draglink, bomb proof tracbar and bracket. Very sturdily built. Love how it performs. I'm running no steering stabilizer and have zero wobble or bump steer. I'm running RK 5.5" kit with 37s

I would check to be sure the track bar mount hole is not elongated. This happened to a buddy of mine. Also try torquing everything down iaw the specifications.
As for aftermarket track bar I purchased the Rock Krawler Bomb Proof track bar and will install it once I get home from deployment.

R/
Will

silverbackjk

I to have the rock krawler trac bar it is very nice but not necessary. I believe moby and rubi cat are both running factory trac bars.!if I Had knew this before I would of just stuck with my factory one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CerOf

Thanks guys.

There is some slight play in the bushing. Torque was checked and it is per spec. Holes were ok.

I'll pick up the used/new OEM unit and see how she does. With 99k miles, most of my endlinks may be due for replacement.

bl17z90

Check both mounting points. They should both be 9/16th in size. Take a 9/16 bolt and stick it in the mount and see if you have any play, you should very little. If you have more than a few cm of play than the mount is fawked.

Sent from my phone?

Thanks guys.

There is some slight play in the bushing. Torque was checked and it is per spec. Holes were ok.

I'll pick up the used/new OEM unit and see how she does. With 99k miles, most of my endlinks may be due for replacement.

If I were home and had replaced the track bar I would send it to you or even deliver, then again you probably do not want to wait for a month and half. Heading your ay in December to spend time with family.

CerOf

Thanks for the offer canvas.

Update: finally bought a torque wrench. Tired of borrowing one/guessing.

Picked up a "used" trackbar from a 2013 JK. When I say used, it had less than 100miles as it was a take off from a unit that Dallas Dodge installed a lift on at the dealership. I paid ~$60 including tax and shipping.

Took old one off and new one went on. I can't tell you how much the ride changed. I think the trackbar has a LOT more to do with ride quality and minor shimmys than most think. My JK rides close to new!

As for DW and being cured....jury's still out, but certainly seems better for shimmys and shakes.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Last edited:

HDGasser

I just recently installed a teraflex HD track bar and I did notice a difference like what your talking about going from a good stock track bar to the HD track bar.

Even the wife asked what I did to it cause "it's not so wobbly anymore" loL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the offer canvas.

Update: finally bought a torque wrench. Tired of borrowing one/guessing.

Picked up a "used" trackbar from a 2013 JK. When I say used, it had less than 100miles as it was a take off from a unit that Dallas Dodge installe a lift in at the dealership. I paid ~$60 including tax and shipping.

Took old one off and new one off. I can't tell you how much the ride changed. I think the trackbar has a LOT more to do with ride quality and minor shimmys than most think. My JK rides close to new!

As for DW and being cured....jury's still out, but certainly seems better for shimmys and shakes.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Sounds like your old track bar had a bad bushing or one that was going out. As mentioned, I prefer and still run a factory front track bar on both Moby and Rubicat and this is in spite of the fact that I have run a host of aftermarket track bars.

Rebel JK

Eddie- whats your preferred replacement bushing set up for the stock TB? I picked up a pair of moogs for my 08 and even though they are shown same part # both ends, the frame side TB opening is slightly larger than axle side.
Left frame side alone but
Just swapping axle side improved handling significantly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie- whats your preferred replacement bushing set up for the stock TB? I picked up a pair of moogs for my 08 and even though they are shown same part # both ends, the frame side TB opening is slightly larger than axle side.
Left frame side alone but
Just swapping axle side improved handling significantly.

There was a change in frame side track bar bushing in what I believe was 2011. They moved away from the bonded rubber bushing in favor of a joint. Originally, I preferred this newer bushing but, have since found that the older style bonded rubber bushing to last a lot longer. It is what I now run. I wasn't aware that Moog made a set but, they typically have good components.

Rebel JK

The bonded rubber moog k200708's are sold individually and are indicated to fit both ends. Id like to stick with the rubber ones based on your comments on less vibration transmitted up the system.
The frame side stock tb opening is .122 larger than axle side so the moog wont press in tight enough.

Top Bottom