Coilover question.

Yes. It is also recommended not required to run a long arm kit due to the amount of articulation you will have. There are several places to get them but only one company has the JK spec coilovers, King with EVO specs.

R/
Will

Lorenzo

Yes. It is also recommended not required to run a long arm kit due to the amount of articulation you will have. There are several places to get them but only one company has the JK spec coilovers, King with EVO specs.

R/
Will

hey man thanks. i made the mistake of just doing the dual sport.. so I'm trying to get info and do everything the right way even if i have to wait to save money...

I am in the same boat. I was in a rush to put a lift on my JK and went with a 2.5 budget boost and now I am kicking myself. After doing some research and watching the WAL video's i realize what I should have gone for. Oh well now comes the hard part in getting what I want, just not when I want it.

So if you are going to do the bolt on coilovers I would recommend looking at Rubicat. Eddie built a very nice rig. I asked him what components and this is what they are.

EVO Bolt on Coilovers front and rear
EVO Double D long arm upgrade kit which is $2299.95
EVO Drag Ling Flip

After pricing it out on ORE it comes out to shy of $6500. Then add in bigger tires and beadlocks you are now pushing close to $9k. Then I went crazy and did PR60 front and rear and I am well over $20K just in suspension. So this is going to be a long process unless I hit the lottery. Oh wait I need to play first.

R/
Will

Lorenzo

I am in the same boat. I was in a rush to put a lift on my JK and went with a 2.5 budget boost and now I am kicking myself. After doing some research and watching the WAL video's i realize what I should have gone for. Oh well now comes the hard part in getting what I want, just not when I want it.

So if you are going to do the bolt on coilovers I would recommend looking at Rubicat. Eddie built a very nice rig. I asked him what components and this is what they are.

EVO Bolt on Coilovers front and rear
EVO Double D long arm upgrade kit which is $2299.95
EVO Drag Ling Flip

After pricing it out on ORE it comes out to shy of $6500. Then add in bigger tires and beadlocks you are now pushing close to $9k. Then I went crazy and did PR60 front and rear and I am well over $20K just in suspension. So this is going to be a long process unless I hit the lottery. Oh wait I need to play first.

R/
Will

yup I'm still debating if i should do the coil over system or buy a new sport bike this spring…

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You don't need long arm with coilovers. Plenty of guys run short arm. In fact i believe ttfhell and chris@ORE are just running front lower adjustable arms and the rest are stock arms.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I thought Rebel had them too, am I wrong?

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Well technically yes they do sell a coilover kit. I won't get into it much here but so you know, the original is the EVO Mfg. Coilover kit. The mounts that Rebel makes are slightly different and you do not get at much uptravel (despite their claims). :yup:

rtguy1

rubicat has the high clearance long arm kit, not the bolt on double d kit. evolander is also running coilovers with only front lowers. with its low ride height it doesnt even have a drag link flip kit or new drivelines which can also save you some money. its gonna run you around 4k suspension wise to get going. tires and axles are a different story. rebel does offer coilovers tuned for a jk but they cannot be ran with a lcog like the evo kit can...at least without some mods. they dont use custom shock bodies and have a longer compressed length requiring a taller ride height. there are several companies out there offering coilovers tuned for a jk including genright, but i think evo does many more setups then anyone else using coilovers and would be the obvious choice.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
the EVO LCG Bolt-On Coil-Over kit can be ran with either a long arm OR a short arm system.

Im curious, what is the lowest ride height/lift height attainable with the LCG bolt on kit? I see Evolander is only running 1 inch over stock height. Was this accomplished with a shorter coilover, mounting, both? Is Evolander running the 12 inch coilover? I have a 2 door that I would love to throw coilovers under, but Im looking at trying to stay around 2 - 2.5 inches over stock, and stick with the short arms.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Im curious, what is the lowest ride height/lift height attainable with the LCG bolt on kit? I see Evolander is only running 1 inch over stock height. Was this accomplished with a shorter coilover, mounting, both? Is Evolander running the 12 inch coilover? I have a 2 door that I would love to throw coilovers under, but Im looking at trying to stay around 2 - 2.5 inches over stock, and stick with the short arms.

ahh a very good question indeed! if i had to guess i would say they are the 12" coilovers BUT we will leave that for drew or chris to answer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

EVOlander is running a few prototype components to make it possible to run 1" over stock. I would contact ORE for more information on it. Otherwise, you could probably get away with as little as 2.5" on the bolt on coil over kit but I think out of the box, it's really meant for about 3.5" of lift.

seanb123

EVOlander is running a few prototype components to make it possible to run 1" over stock. I would contact ORE for more information on it. Otherwise, you could probably get away with as little as 2.5" on the bolt on coil over kit but I think out of the box, it's really meant for about 3.5" of lift.

Remembering from vengeance how were they able to net so little lift with all that wheel travel

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Excellent, thanks for the info Eddie! Ill be in contact with ORE soon!

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug

Yep, I couldn't get my rears to go lower than about 3.5 with 250 coils. Changed to 300 coils as I was sagging in the back when loaded up for camping and am at about 4" of lift.

Top Bottom