Binding issues with my with my front suspension......smh

BBG

Ok here it goes I recently installed a teraflex 4 lift kit on my 2013 jk 10th anniversary then installed evo front bumper and stinger then took it to off road evolution to weld C gusset and sleeves then I started having issues......every time I go in and out of a drive way or hit a bump I hear metal to metal rubbing they are saying I probably have a bad coil spring witch looks like it's rubbing against the coil bucket but it wasn't doing it before........

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Ok here it goes I recently installed a teraflex 4 lift kit on my 2013 jk 10th anniversary then installed evo front bumper and stinger then took it to off road evolution to weld C gusset and sleeves then I started having issues......every time I go in and out of a drive way or hit a bump I hear metal to metal rubbing they are saying I probably have a bad coil spring witch looks like it's rubbing against the coil bucket but it wasn't doing it before........

I'd recommend checking to your front springs to make sure they are seated properly (they probably are)...also, the EVO gussets are known to rub on some springs, as you've already discovered. I took a grinder to my gussets before welding them so they would clear the spring - it would be nice if evo would let it be known that their gussets have the potential to rub on the springs. most guys will tell you it's no big deal, but I don't like extra sounds lol

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Go check your sway bar and see if it is rubbing the frame here:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383512862.118007.jpg

Mine was but it's nothing a grinder and some touch up paint can't handle. Your axle shifted after your lift and this may be the metal you are hearing. Give it a look.

BBG

Thanks guys imma give it a look.

BBG

Do you have the evo bumper on your rig?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Teraflex coils rub on EVO gussets.

This. Also, what frank pointed out but, I would also check to see if your coils are making contact with your sway bar arm on the driver side. Could be you have your front axle pushed too far forward.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Go check your sway bar and see if it is rubbing the frame here:

View attachment 55445

Mine was but it's nothing a grinder and some touch up paint can't handle. Your axle shifted after your lift and this may be the metal you are hearing. Give it a look.

I had this problem also. (not the finger) ;)

It didn't seem to cause any real issues.

BBG

MAN!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE PROBLEM I THINK WITH THE SHOP ADJUSTING ALL THAT STUFF IN THE FRONT OF MY SUSPENSION IT MUST HAVE SHIFTED......THANKS FINGER GUY YOUR AWESOME!!!!!!!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
MAN!!!!!!! THAT WAS THE PROBLEM I THINK WITH THE SHOP ADJUSTING ALL THAT STUFF IN THE FRONT OF MY SUSPENSION IT MUST HAVE SHIFTED......THANKS FINGER GUY YOUR AWESOME!!!!!!!

You're welcome. That IS my magic finger. WARNING: These claims have not been approved or endorsed by the FDA, JPIMPC or the FIDM. Trust me I am a non-attorney spokesperson.

ttfhell

You're welcome. That IS my magic finger. WARNING: These claims have not been approved or endorsed by the FDA, JPIMPC or the FIDM. Trust me I am a non-attorney spokesperson.

Fear Frank's Finger. If you get one thing out of this it is that.

Top Bottom