Im looking for wheels for my 37/13.5/r17 Toyo M/T tires.

Marauder

I know the obvious would be slabs but I'm not looking to break the bank. Any experience with these tires on a jk would be helpful. Im not against alloys or steels. I haven't had any luck with finding a 17x9 inch wheel with a 4 inch backspace. The ones with 4.5 and 4.75 are plentiful. Advice?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How bout looking for wheels with 5" of back spacing and running 1.5" spacer to give you the 3.5" of backspacing when it's all said and done.

Sent from my iPhone

Marauder

Nice idea, but I'm not looking to run spacers. I have read that you can limit the steering stops. I wonder how much steering is lost though.

Marauder

Thats what I am talking about. Im not a fan of the fake lock ring, but those are the ones I may end up buying. I wonder if they come in all black... or a trip to the rattle can aisle may cure that. I like that classic 8 hole look.

Marauder

I think Im gonna end up going pro comp series 98 in black. 4.25 inch backspace, I'm gonna cross my fingers. Thank you for all of your input. Its much appreciated.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think Im gonna end up going pro comp series 98 in black. 4.25 inch backspace, I'm gonna cross my fingers. Thank you for all of your input. Its much appreciated.

Just a heads up about the 4.25 backspacing. I have them in my rig currently and with the 12.5 wide mud grapplers I come extremely close to rubbing at full turn. So You may rub with the 13.5

Sent from my iPhone

Marauder

Good to know. I don't plan on running 13.5 forever. The next ones will be 12.5, but for now I am hoping to get away it and limiting the steering stops. But I am glad to know you are effectively running 12.5 on 4.25 backspacing, that gives me hope for my next set.

Top Bottom