Anyone using the cobra 75wx remote mount cb

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am. It's a really good radio in my opinion. I don't wheel as often as most others so it's nice to be able to disco the handheld and throw it in my glove box till I need it

Sent from my iPhone

mackey

I also had it. The only negative I had was the volume was not high enough for me. However they do make a speaker attachment for the system that should help. Other than that, no problems.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't know this for a fact but I don't think it's as tunable as other radios, meaning you can't increase the range of it. Prob good for a mile compared to others that can reach miles.

Sent from my iPhone

phuggit

I have one installed also. There's a Utube vid floating around on how easy it is to install one in a JK. I like that I can unplug it and put it in the glovebox when not wheeling.

EBO

I have it also. Really easy to install. You can get the entire package you need from right channel radio. I also just recently ordered a bracket from quadratec for the cb that attaches to the grab handle above the glove box.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

ttfhell

I like mine but you will want an external speaker if your top is off or driving over 15mph or so.

Army_Vet

Banned
Plus 1 on the volume. Soft top noise on a 55mph road is too much. I do have a Negitive, but I will still recomend this radio. I purchased mine well used on ebay, My speaker quit working one day. When I took it apart to look at it, there was signs of it being tinkered with previousely so I dont know what the root problem was or is for this failure.

The fix... I was going to purchase an external speaker anyway, so thats what i did and it still works just fine.

bl17z90

Cobra seems to be a universally good brand of CB to get.

I don't think a CB's distance is restricted by the radio but more by the antenna.......Mark with his 28 foot antenna for example can probably talk to people on Mars, while someone like KPM171 having a 2 foot I think is good for a few miles. But hey I may be wrong :idontknow:

Anyways, I hope you figure out which one you want!!! :thumb:

Army_Vet

Banned
Cobra seems to be a universally good brand of CB to get.

I don't think a CB's distance is restricted by the radio but more by the antenna.......Mark with his 28 foot antenna for example can probably talk to people on Mars, while someone like KPM171 having a 2 foot I think is good for a few miles. But hey I may be wrong :idontknow:

Anyways, I hope you figure out which one you want!!! :thumb:

All Cb radios are limited to 4watt's of power. Tech's can get into them and increase the output. This is called piqued and tuned.... this radio you can't tune like larger units. But if you get a tuneable antenna you can reach the optimum range for 4 watts. But running regular stuff you will have no complaints. Just do a quality install and it will be fine

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
DON'T DO IT!!! I had one of these ... I turned it on, started down the road, and it started pouring out smoke and it was fried :eek:.
Go with the old tried and true Cobra 29. :yup:

Top Bottom