Brand new jk making winning sound ....

BBG

My jk is a 2013 rubicon manual 6 speed when I let it idol it starts making this winning sound almost like a squeaky belt, but I don't think it's a belt though...anybody experienced that? If so is there a recall on it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BBG

I meant whining.........auto text guys sorry.......

SDG

Caught the Bug
Probably the bearing on the water pump.

Been waiting to take mine in till they have the parts to change the transmission cooler line.

onebuilder

My jk is a 2013 rubicon manual 6 speed when I let it idol it starts making this winning sound almost like a squeaky belt, but I don't think it's a belt though...anybody experienced that? If so is there a recall on it?

No recall, but their is an issue with both the alternator and water pump on early 2013. My son in laws water pump started chirping at 1000 miles. Dealer replaced it with the new version pump, no more chirping. Mine has 3000 miles with no issues yet.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have a 2013 with 5300 miles on it. I just picked it up from the shop for the exact same reason, a whining sound that I thought may be a belt. It was the water pump. Huge disappointment!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, probably the water pump. I've already had mine replaced once and by the sound of things, need to replace it again. Just to make sure it wasn't an idler pulley, I replaced both and still have it. :rolleyes2:

BBG

Ok I'm taking it to the dealer today thanks guys

Punisher417

Mine winnes as well but not at idle n only in 3rd-5th gears (auto trans) I took it in n they told me it was the alternator so I replaced it n the same noise is still there. I called them to see if I can return the $400 alternator to there parts department n they told me to drive it in next week so they can determine that it isn't the alternator and then I would have to talk to someone at there parts department about returning the part.

Top Bottom