Electrical Help Please

AF_Jeepster

Morning guys, I'm in need of a little help with the electrical layout in my 09 Rubicon.

I'm trying to plug into my data link connector underneath the steering wheel but it's not supplying power. I've checked all the fuses under the hood and they are all good. Do I possibly have a bad relay or what? If so, anyone know which one?

Thanks for your help,
Shaun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you referring to the OBDII connector? If so, check the pins on both ends to make sure none of them are kinked over.

AF_Jeepster

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. I will check them when I get home in a few hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AF_Jeepster

No Kinks

I checked the pins for kinks and did not see any. I checked the pins, the grounds (#4, #5) both work when tested. The I checked pin #16 for power and got nothing. Thoughts???

David1tontj

I had the same thing happen to my dodge sprinter and it turned out being the whole freaking fuse block! Somehow had a short in it... I hope that's not the case for you! Is there 2 seperate fuse boxes on the jk?

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

AF_Jeepster

There is only one fuse block in the JK.....well, that I know of. Anyway, if the whole block was bad, wouldn't other items be bad or not working. I'm not smart in all this electrical stuff.....how do you check the whole block?

Rebel JK

Ok stupid question. You didnt say but Does the jeep run ok? Do the wipers, lights, and the rest all work?

David1tontj

There is only one fuse block in the JK.....well, that I know of. Anyway, if the whole block was bad, wouldn't other items be bad or not working. I'm not smart in all this electrical stuff.....how do you check the whole block?

In my sprinter it was just a couple thug that quit working and I couldn't find fuses for. Most stuff still worked. I really would save this as a last resort tho.

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

AF_Jeepster

Ok stupid question. You didnt say but Does the jeep run ok? Do the wipers, lights, and the rest all work?

Yes, everything else in the Jeep works just fine. All electrical parts seems to work. I just can't use my programmer b/c the connector isn't working.

Rebel JK

I don't have a good wiring diagram on that but That's where I would start. Not sure but the obd2 connector should wire back to ecu or something right? Once it hits the magic black box anything is possible. Any voltage on any other pins?

AF_Jeepster

I don't have a good wiring diagram on that but That's where I would start. Not sure but the obd2 connector should wire back to ecu or something right? Once it hits the magic black box anything is possible. Any voltage on any other pins?

The grounds are lighting up when I use the test light on them.

Top Bottom