jeep geometry seems off

Mitrig

hey guys so today doing some work on my truck i noticed something. I did buy the jeep used off someone who was a hardcore mechanic he had a few jeeps they wheeled and this was his wives rig so it was pretty much stock. But after all this time i noticed that when sitting straight my driver side tire sticks a good inch past the end of my stock bumper on the driver side and almost flush with the fender while passenger side it sits just towards the inside about the exact amount it is shifted out.
I googled a lot about this and seems it can be fixed with an adjustable track bar? I read this on the Jeepforum http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/r...-drivers-side-suggestions-1082760/index2.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/front-axle-seems-to-be-shifted-plz-read-and-help-106873.html

seems they had the same problem as me just on an older model. I know it hasn't affected anything in regards to my driving or anything but i only began to notice it after swapping on my duractracs and finally said sh** this can't be right and roughed out a measurement. I can take some pictures tomorrow and get exec measurements on this. But it is noticeable to me, i asked a few friends to look at it and they don't see it to be that bad. So now i need to know is this something I can fix quickly? like before the stupid canadian weather kicks in? Seems everything hits last minute and this is crunch time. I have literally the same problem as these guys above except mine is on both axels. Heck if i didn't know better id say my whole body was shifted right shah. But seriously both axels seem to be shifted to the driver side 3/4-1" (can get an exact measurement tomorrow)

Just wanted to know if there is anyone else who has encountered this problem. I know my rig doesn't have a lift on it because I'm currently searching for one to purchase myself. So very confused how this is possible. Unless there is something on the truck i was failed to be informed about upon purchase. but i seriously doubt it, then again you never know no a days.

Help a brother out, this is the most annoying thing in the world to me

Jk-RAGE

Is your rig lifted and if yes then how much lift?. the adjustable front track bar will allow you to recenter your front axel and a rear track bar bracket will allow you to recenter the rear axel.

Mitrig

Is your rig lifted and if yes then how much lift?. the adjustable front track bar will allow you to recenter your front axel and a rear track bar bracket will allow you to recenter the rear axel.

see that is the thing from my understanding my rig is still running a bone stock rubbicon suspension. No owner before me modified it. that is why i am so stumped by this. unless something was modded and not recorded ( the first owner started a mod log, and i have continued it) and from my understanding there was no suspension lift, i looked at getting a lift lately since i wanted some more clearance, so i don't see how i would have such a large noticeable shift with a "stock" setup suspension. I know how the track bars work because I've designed a few for my universities baja car and i don't know how i can have this shift.

BBG

....could of been hit and repaired, the control arms could be bent...sometimes when you take a stock jeep wheeling your under carriage takes a beating. Those stock arms are hollow and can bend very easy if you get them hung up on a rock that can also pull your axle to one side or throw the geometry off a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mitrig

....could of been hit and repaired, the control arms could be bent...sometimes when you take a stock jeep wheeling your under carriage takes a beating. Those stock arms are hollow and can bend very easy if you get them hung up on a rock that can also pull your axle to one side or throw the geometry off a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

i will have to check everything out under the jeep once again, I've been under her so many times i could never notice anything, though i know for a fact the jeep was never wheeled. the woman was a nurse that did house calls and this was her DD. Its just off for both axels to be shifted the same amount. Ive seen it where the front is shifted but why would both be shifted the same amount. Then again there aren't many stock jeeps where i live so it would be hard to gauge what a stock jeep would sit like compared to mine. I was thinking to get an adjustable front track bar and a relocating bracket for the rear I just wanted to be sure that would do the job and fix my geometry being at stock height.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as Eddie said a few times before in other theads your axles are going to not always be perfectly centered under your jeep. the amount of weight in/on the jeep will effect the axle position. since you are still at stock height this is prob all that it is. once lifted you can do your best to recenter it but it will only be off again once weight is added or lost from the jeep.

Mitrig

as Eddie said a few times before in other theads your axles are going to not always be perfectly centered under your jeep. the amount of weight in/on the jeep will effect the axle position. since you are still at stock height this is prob all that it is. once lifted you can do your best to recenter it but it will only be off again once weight is added or lost from the jeep.

Yea I suppose that makes sense, it is just very annoying so i will be going out to take measurements and see what the numbers come down to. I know straight from the manufacturer they allow a leniency of plus/minus some given amount but its just odd to see such a noticeable shift. I only began to notice it went i slapped on my duractrac since they are much wider then the stock tire I had. My question is would an adjustable track bar be able to pull my axel back in at stock height? (i will be upgrading suspensions this spring so i know i will need one for sure)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea I suppose that makes sense, it is just very annoying so i will be going out to take measurements and see what the numbers come down to. I know straight from the manufacturer they allow a leniency of plus/minus some given amount but its just odd to see such a noticeable shift. I only began to notice it went i slapped on my duractrac since they are much wider then the stock tire I had. My question is would an adjustable track bar be able to pull my axel back in at stock height? (i will be upgrading suspensions this spring so i know i will need one for sure)

yea an adjustable TB will help fix it. i would still check to make sure nothing is bent from an accident (like mentioned before) just to make sure.

just a side note im on 2.5" of lift (prob closer to being over 3") with 35's and im still running a stock TB.

Mitrig

yea an adjustable TB will help fix it. i would still check to make sure nothing is bent from an accident (like mentioned before) just to make sure.

just a side note im on 2.5" of lift (prob closer to being over 3") with 35's and im still running a stock TB.

well i will throw the truck on a lift and check everything out again, ill probably crawl under her after tho just to check and take a break from studying. I had never noticed anything before but then again i was never looking at control arms and making sure nothing was bent. my main focus was always suspension and rubbing. Guess i may have to get another set of eyes under there with me. Ill take a few pictures and post them for you guys. If anything seems out of place or odd do tell me ahaha

Mitrig

Ok so I jumped under my rig and there seems to be virtually no damage or repairs. All bars are as they shood be and everything seems to be in good condition so I'm stumped only thing I'm confused about is how the track bar touched my 2 fluid lines

Top Bottom