RC 2.5 coil lift with 1 inch spacers

RedRubicon17

Hey fellow jeepers I have a quick question. I have the rough country 2.5 coil lift and I was thinking on adding 1 inch coil spacers all around. Will I be fine doing this or will I half to replace a lot of stuff? I have a 2 door ruby (auto) with aev front bumper.

In5ane1

Other than that everything else is stock

I'm not an expert but my guess is longer shocks would be good...and at that height you may start hitting that gray area for your front driveshaft's accelerated failure. I have same kit and imagine you would almost need front lca's too.

However, if you have lost close to an inch with bumpers and such, it should just put you back to where you started.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedRubicon17

I have 35s and I want more room to flex since I can't go to flat or cut stock flares since it doesn't look good with me aev front bumper

JKWrang

If you ask me a body lift just raises your center of gravity and is bad news all around.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

In5ane1

If you ask me a body lift just raises your center of gravity and is bad news all around.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Agree.

I'd go with flat fenders. Taller isn't better.

pvanweelden

Is your aev bumper full width?
I also agree with cutting the fenders, but if you are worried it won't look good with your bumper, there was a guy (I believe in the chop or not thread) who basically jus trimmed up the sides of the flares, so from the front it looked stock, but from the sides, he had room to flex.
If you feel you need to gain an inch, do it with coil spacers, not a body lift, but you may (as mentioned above) run the risk of needing to replace the front driveshaft.
Question- if it was the RC coil lift, did it really give you much lift over your rubi coils? Maybe you just needed some spacers to begin with, instead of the RC coils?

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

In5ane1

Question- if it was the RC coil lift, did it really give you much lift over your rubi coils? Maybe you just needed some spacers to begin with, instead of the RC coils?

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I gained over 2.5", nothing wrong with RC.

To the OP, nothing wrong with adding an inch, as long as you make all necessary adjustments. Lots of people I've seen will add minor spacer lift to coils to make adjustments to their rig.

pvanweelden

I gained over 2.5", nothing wrong with RC.
To clarify my question, i should have first asked- "what factory coil rate springs did you replace with the RC coils?"

i am assuming (even though i know it makes absolutely no sense what coils might have come in any particular model wrangler) that the OP who has a Rubicon, might have coils that are rated 18 or 19 front, 59 or 60 rear.
a higher number would equal less of a lift from the RC coils.

RedRubicon17

I have no idea what the stock number coils were on there. When I got the jeep the RC lift was on there and yes I have the full with AEV bumper.

In5ane1

To clarify my question, i should have first asked- "what factory coil rate springs did you replace with the RC coils?"

i am assuming (even though i know it makes absolutely no sense what coils might have come in any particular model wrangler) that the OP who has a Rubicon, might have coils that are rated 18 or 19 front, 59 or 60 rear.
a higher number would equal less of a lift from the RC coils.

Gotcha, I agree.

I have a sport so that's why mine was that much.

Top Bottom