2013 SEMA Miscellaneous Overland Rigs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, because I know there are those of you out there who love overpriced camping rigs - er, ummm, I mean - "overland" rigs (just teasin), here are a few that we came across at the 2013 SEMA Show...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Okay, because I know there are those of you out there who love overpriced camping rigs - er, ummm, I mean - "overland" rigs (just teasin), here are a few that we came across at the 2013 SEMA Show...

main.php

main.php

That's a badass Raptor. Id love to have a 'camp' rig like that!

StrizzyChris

I am not gonna hate on these overlanders. They all are pretty imaginative and that ford, with the custom spare tire hole, is badass! I fully expect the fiberglass to break with any more flex than those chocks, but its cool none the less. I just hope he never decides that he wants to bump up in tire size :doh:

NTRubicon

The Toyota Landcruiser is easily the most popular offroad vehicle of choice in the outback of Australia for several reasons (and a couple of primary variations, eg. Check out the Toyota Troop Carrier on google) with a towing capacity over 7700lbs on its standard v8 Diesel engine and the ability to stay in one piece over the rough conditions our roads can get to (needs to be seen to be truly understood), makes it a really strong competitor in the AUS market.

Very simple interior, I think only one cup holder in the whole vehicle, power windows optional, air conditioning optional, floor mats optional; the local aboriginal communities out here use them for transporting family (seen 25 in a troop carrier that seats 10), hunting kangaroo/emu/whatever and they rarely stick to marked roads or trails, they get the }#% beaten out of them and they just keep going.

They are the primary vehicle of choice for bush communities, authorities, government workers, mining operations, cattle station operators.

http://youtu.be/sySessEkEnA for those with a few minutes to spare to see Australia's version of overlanding

Top Bottom