Rubi Rod says Hello!

Right Rudder

I joined a few months back but was busy with some military-related taskings so i never got to say hello.

I reside out of Little Rock, AR and my 2013 ROCK LOBSTER JK unlimited Rubi is ready to start receiving upgrades from my epic spreadsheet but none yet due to fiscal constraints. Regardless, I'm learning how to drive a LCG long wheelbase Jeep since my last vehicle was a single-cab Tacoma which i beat up in the Colorado Rockies during college. Caught the 4x4 bug since roughly 2006 while driving a buddy's TJ on 35's around local trails in Colorado Springs and haven't been able to shake it since. Suffered through 7 years of trying to make IFS work on the trail and am so damn thankful I finally got something more suitable to upgrade and keep for the rest of my life (JEEP!) Custom AR license plate is titled RUBIROD paying homage to the new Pentastar which performs much better than the 4-banger i suffered with for nearly a decade. 14k miles and counting, once i learn to comfortably off-road drive in the national forests around Arkansas modifications will commence. For now my over-prepared conscience needs to put on an oil pan skid and get a front bumper+WARN 12.5k power-plant to feel adequately suited for adventuring into our local ORV parks/nastier forest trails.

Rock Lobster is a controversial color, but for the most part it is so visually obnoxious and shocking to people that I enjoy the reaction. Red has been my favorite color for years and this exaggerated/ridiculous strain of cooked crustacean color made me fall in love. I tend to wear brightly colored clothing and my jeep is no different. Even my wife was unsure about it at first, but now the hue has grown on her. I describe it to everyone as 1/5th pink, 1/5th orange, and 4/5th's red. Most never recognize the disconnect.

1426524_797429168643_2101817554_n.jpg

980033_771872005403_281809161_o.jpg

Second shot is from the family farm in TX while on vacation, not a rogue Jeeper or anything crazy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom