Hello All

Sergeant_A

I decided to sign up after I started watching youtube videos of JKs in action and stumbled across on of wayalife's videos. I have since watched almost every one and it helps pass the time and give me things to look forward to when I finish this deployment. I'll start with a little bit about me. Ive been in the Army for almost 13 years, deployed 4 times, twice to Iraq, once to Afghan, and now here in Kosovo (yes the Army is still here, I didn't believe it either until I got sent here), divorced...twice...same woman (yea I'm a slow learner ;) ) I have two little girls 4 and 7, and I have owned three Jeeps. I had a Grand Cherokee, a Commander, and a 78 CJ7. The CJ was my only "wheeler" but I had some good times in it until I cracked the frame and gave it up. I'm thinking hard about the two or four door Rubi either one will get 37's, 5.13s, ATX Slabs, and a 4in lift (undecided brand). The four doors look a lot more capable on the videos and make most of the trails look easy. Until I get my JK I'll be lurking around and gaining as much knowledge as possible. Once I get home it wont take long to get the Jeep and get the rest of the stuff on order. Thanks for taking time to read all of this and I'll be around.

Jeff
aka Sergeant_A

JKWrang

The 2 door has a shorter wheel base than the 4 door. They both have positives and negatives in that regard.

An unlimited has sooooooo much cargo room and is a little more practical as a DD in terms of room and space if you ask me. But I'm biased as well lol I got the unlimited

Edit: Welcome to Wayalife

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Welcome to Wayalife!

Get a 4 door. Two doors are cool and I like mine but 4 doors are better. When mine is paid off ill buy a four door for sure.

Atch

Welcome to WAYALIFE, and thank you for your service!! I'd have to agree that the 4dr is the way to go. The 2drs just don't offer enough cargo space for me personally and the shorter wheel base typically hurts more than it helps.

Army_Vet

Banned
The 2 door has a shorter wheel base than the 4 door. They both have positives and negatives in that regard.

An unlimited has sooooooo much cargo room and is a little more practical as a DD in terms of room and space if you ask me. But I'm biased as well lol I got the unlimited

Edit: Welcome to Wayalife

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Yep! 99% of the time you pay to haul around empty space just to have cargo space 1% of the time that you need it.

Sergeant_A

thanks for the insight guys. 4 doors do seem to have space for days and it will be my DD. I wont see major trails other then Uwharrie which is pretty tame compared to the west coast wheeling you guys are doing in the videos. I could see needing the extra space with two kids though when I have them on my weeks.

Sergeant_A

To those who said thanks for my service yall are welcome. I don't think I was ever meant to do anything else. I love my job and the only family Ive seen as close as Soldiers are Jeepers.

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
Welcome to Wayalife! Similar story... 14 years Air Force, too many deployments to count, and a love of jeeps... My first jeep... 84 CJ7
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384312798.380535.jpg

And my new one... 2014 JKUR

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384312851.506419.jpg

The 4 door works great for me, 2 kids, wife, and 2 dogs, fits me perfect. Whatever your decision, you will be happy.. C'mon! It's a jeep, they are all awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

HOOAH and welcome to the WAYALIFE. With two youngens I would get the 4 dr. I have a 4yo and he loves having his own window to roll down.

Thank you for your service.

R/
Will

David1tontj

Welcome to wayalife!! Thank you for your service! I have a 2 door that you should buy from me so I can get a 4 door! Haha. Not enough space.. I also have 2 kids. And once you pack for a trip, there isn't even enough room to breath! But..... I can take these 2 doors anywhere!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Top Bottom